Chapter 1 ~ I swear I swooned ~

A/N Thank you for deciding to read One Day. I really hope you guys enjoy it. So I just want to say that about the first 3 chapters are quite short and I apologise for this but after that they definitely get longer. Thank you and please let me know your opinion. xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is first period Monday morning and I am tired and hot, school is the last place I want to be in this hot summer weather. I could be tanning at the beach or my pool but no, of corse the holidays had to end. My class is patiently waiting outside the math classroom talking in little groups. This is one of the reasons why I hate Math, I have no friends in my class, not that I ever pay any attention anyway, it is so boring. I swear I'm never going to need any of this stuff in my life time, thank god for music. The teacher opens the door to the mathematics classroom and ushers us inside. I head over to a desk which is right at the back of the class where I like it, no one can see me there and I don't need to worry about how the back of my hair looks when no one is behind me. Slipping into my desk was Chelsea, queen of the school, miss popularity whatever you want to call her, but to me she is just a big bitch, I am instantly pissed, why does she have to choose my desk when there is at least 30 others for her to choose from?

"Excuse me this is my seat, can you please move?" I try to ask politely, but it comes out forced. She doesn't even acknowledge me, so I try again,

"Excuse me." I say a little louder this time. There is still no indication I even exist, she is on my last nerve, I am really not a morning person and this is just annoying the hell out of me.

"Fine is this how it is?" I walk down the front to the now only remaining seat kicking her school bag on the way. She looks down at her bag surprised, then looks up and glares at me with ice blue eyes.

"Did you see that?" One of her friends Tiffany asks.

"Yea." She says still glaring at me, "so did any of you guys do last nights homework?" She asks her friends hopefully, flicking her straight jet black hair over her shoulder.

"No, why would we?" Tiffany says. That's all I hear before the teacher tells everyone to be quiet.

"Ok, I'm going to call the role, please raise your hand and call out if you're here." Mrs Emery says.

While the teacher isn't looking I quickly put an earphone in one ear and turn some music on from my iPhone. I see I have a new message, I put the phone under the desk and click on it.

"Layli Brennan?" I look up surprised, my heart beating.

"Umm yes?" I mumble, praying she hasn't asked me the homework questions.

"Where are you love? Raise your hand for me," Mrs Emery says as she looks around the room.

"Here." I say as I raise my hand relieved, "thank god for that," I mumble to myself, the relief slowly turning into annoyance because I'd been caught off guard, I'd been taught better by my dad. I could have been caught, the last thing I need is my phone in the principals office and myself in detention. I get my phone out again and click on the text from Hazel, '

omg help I have Mr Samton for relief!!! And Colin hasn't shut up about u saying no 2 movies with him he keeps asking wat he did wrong lol'

I couldn't help but laugh when I read the text, Hazel and her problems.

"What's so funny?" A male voice from behind me asks.

Rolling my eyes I turn around and my heart skips a beat, his green eyes sparkle with curiosity, he is the definition of gorgeous. How have I never noticed him before?

"Oh umm nothing, just a text from my friend." I say blushing.

"So you crushed a boys heart then?" He says with a huge grin. He has the most straight, white teeth I've ever seen, I swear I swooned he is so gorgeous. Processing what he just said my mouth drops open

"Excuse me?" I ask shocked.

"Well, according to your friend you crushed a boys heart." He explains. Oh ok so he was reading my texts now?

"Sorry, but why are you reading my texts?" I ask still shocked.

"Well, it's my first day and a beautiful girl sits in front of me and starts laughing so I wanted to know what was so funny." He smirks. It feels like time has frozen, did he just call me beautiful? He just called me beautiful! Oh my god I don't feel tired anymore, I feel wide awake. I look at him with wide eyes and he just sits there with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Ok lets start over, I'm Tom."

"Layli" I smile shyly.

"Layli turn around and stop talking, do the questions on the board." I hear Mrs Emery say. Tom smirks and goes back to his work. As I am turning around I notice Chelsea glaring at me from my spot at the back. What's her problem? I sit in my seat stunned, no way I could concentrate on my work now I could almost feel Tom's eyes boring into the back of my head. This is so weird, I feel like I know him from somewhere. He looks so familiar yet I swear I've never noticed him before, and why is Chelsea giving me the evils, obviously I'd made her pissed, but it's not like I've spoken to her. I sigh in confusion too many thoughts to early.

——————————————————————-

This is my first go at writing so thank you for all those who have read the first chapter of one day. I am currently still in the process of writing it and this is an unedited copy. Don't worry I will be updating it regularly so I please encourage you to stay with me and be patient.

All feedback is welcome and I'd greatly appreciate if you could vote for this book. Thank you again for everyone that's even gotten this far of noticing my book and I really hope you're enjoying it so far. xx

Sorry the first few chapters aren't very long!