30

"So you broke in? Technically speaking."

"I told your guard that if he didn't let me through, I would bust him. He was about to call for reinforcements, till I knocked him out. Fed him an elixir, so he will forget everything."

"You're telling me that there was only one guard at the gates?"

Ezra rolls his eyes. "This specific one went to take a piss in the gardens. I was lucky."

Cleo, laying back on her bed with her elbows propped behind her and her legs crossed at the ankles sends Ezra a snort as he walks about her room, fidgeting with her... Things.

"Was this the demon's doings?" He looks her balcony railing up and down, before coming back in and looking at her settee set right before the fireplace.

"Yes." She spared him the details.

He only nods, and makes his way to her dresser. He first looks at his rugged face in the mirror and touches his dry lips before looking down to all her hair products and lotions and oils that lay piled up.

"The sea is drying your skin."

He doesn't reply to her, but instead picks up her hair brush.

"Don't touch my brush."

"Why not? Is there another reason you use this?" He smirks at her through the mirror, but she keeps her face neutral and unchanging.

"What I do with my hair brush is none of your concern. But one of the reasons I use it, is to bust out idiots like you."

He drops her brush with a clang and fists his hands as he uses big strides to get to her. His eyes kept searching her room, up and down. She wasn't surprised either. He had nothing compared to her.

"Don't piss on my tower again." He says calmly as he stands at the foot of her bed, looking her legs up and down but in a curious manner and not the suggestive kinds.

"Only if you don't piss me off next time." She clicks her tongue and switches her legs. He didn't miss the movements, he studied it rather. But Cleo was starting to think, that he was more interested of the marks than what went on beneath her dress.

"It's good to see my handprint wearing off at least. I really think red suits you."

"Fuck you." His jaws clenches and he turns around this time heading for her privy.

She chuckles before making herself sit up. "You know if you need to take a piss, you can always return the favor. My plants are quite dry outside."

He keeps walking but flips her off over his shoulder.

To that she grins even more and gets up to follow the big ball of muscle to her bathroom.

She stands over the threshold as Ezra scavenged the room with his eyes, and touched nearly everything with his hands. He went down the stairs to her wet bath, and the oils and salts that lay scattered all over the floor, as well as the dead flowers. Pity she didn't clean this for him.

Next he went to the mirror to once again skim his hard and strong features and even clenching his jaw when he turned to see the side of his face. Ugh. What a man. She had to roll her eyes at him.

Her bathroom is always misty and dull. There was barely any lighting in here. Only one middle-sized window, that she never bothered to use except for using the sill for a flower stand. Which was also dead. So the dull lighting, made her more aware of Ezra's presence, she took sharper note of his hand movements and gestures in case he was about to pull something off right here.