25

Cleo sits on the table with her thighs spread apart as Landon kneels before her. She would of ran away if she was ever to be in this situation with him. Not only did it seem as inappropriate, but also it gives away false images of what she and Landon did in the meeting room. If someone were to come in on them like this, that person would be sure to assume that Landon was busy between her legs, and be the first gossiper of what really went down with her and Landon in their supposed meetings.

Cleo dismisses the thought but also unfortunately had to spread her thighs like this for him. The tattoos on her skin has progressed to her inner thighs nearly curling right around her thigh making it look like a red garter. She would of found it sexy and sensual, and might even bare them for attention in her long long legs, have they not been scorching her skin inside out.

But there just had to be something wrong with it.

Landon uses his monocle with a deep frown etched onto his features to focus on her thighs that she finally decided to show him. He even switched the monocle to the other eye as if the sight was wrong at the previous one. Stupid.

She holds her black silk very close to her front to keep herself covered as she looks down at Landon watching her thighs. It led her to think that she was a patient during his nursing examination. These marks could not of come to a better and much more safer place. Even though she trusts Landon, he was the first and only person she bares herself to. She had no choice but to, Landon ought to know what it was, or at least help her with it.

The pains and acidic burn of it had lessened which makes Cleo even more suspicious about why the hell it suddenly stopped like that. It's like a candle someone blew out, leaving her thighs like the remaining smoke willowing away from its tip.

It was about time she did this. And it is also time for her to speak to this Mage about assisting her as well.

But maybe she didn't have to, if Landon would open up his damned mouth and finally talk instead poking at her thigh with his cold tipped fingers. She feels pity for him as she notes the sweat running down his face, looking as if the tiny tributaries were having a race with one another— about which could reach his cheek first. He was sick too. He just didn't want to admit it.

He moves the monocle to the other eye.

"There is the same result you know. Nothing is changing if you keep switching it like that."

"Its to focus more."

She bites her lips at her response.

Instead she utters out. "What are they Landon? Anything you ever see before?"

Landon gets to his haunches and then he leans back onto his heels before hoisting himself up with ease. His brows are knotted  tightly together with one hand on his chin and the other on his hip. He taps onto his goatee not meeting her eyes just yet.

Cleo snaps her thighs shut together but doesn't cower her marks yet, Landon was still watching them.

"Unfortunately not Miss. This is something I am witnessing for the firat time in my life." He looks at her with wide murky eyes. There is still a blue tinge to his lips.

He goes on, "The burn is excruciatingly painful you say? Feeling tender? Burned? Pricked?"

She lets out a breathe. "Yes. Everything." She didn't know how to describe her pain anymore. Nothing that her cold wet tiles in her bathroom couldn't fix.

Landon nods and sits down before his papers on the table on which she was seated on right beside her. "Is this why you seek the Mage's assistance?"