28

"You've got lovely thighs."

Mira sends the young lad a dirty look as they both made their way through the dense crowd of party goers on their way to the tents.

"Aye. Appreciate it." She replies before facing the front again.

He remains a few steps away beside her and she could feel his eyes burning into the side of her face the entire time since after she told Adelaide and Zalaena that she was leaving. But she didn't tell them that they were supposed to have a damn crazy night. His arrogance was more than enough to still give him everything he wanted.

Adelaide gave her a concerned frown and asked plenty questions about where they were heading off to, Mira even attempted to give Zalaena a look that screamed help me, but they were both too drunk to even read her face. Mira spent too much finding them in the massive crowd in the first place, so that was enough for her to know that anything after that was pointless.

She thinks back to what just happened between them heartbeats ago, and shudders hard enough to feel jolts of shivers shooting down the back of her neck and spine.

"I can't believe I kissed you."

Beside her passing villager upon villager, he looked so natural as if he had been doing this for a myriad of years. He chuckles hard enough for her to hear.  "You enjoyed that just as much as I did princess. Don't even think about fighting it."

Mira snorts and rolls her eyes. "Your arrogance exceeds your ability to kiss and touch."

He didn't say anything for a while but he did draw closer until they were nearly shoulder to shoulder with him occasionally bumping into hers, it was unequivocally on purpose.

"We both know that you were yearning for more. Did you not feel how less tense you became when you were in my arms?"

"No."

"Nothing at all?"

"No. Nothing."

"You're a beautiful liar princess."

She scowls under her breath but tried to hide her smirk from him in the shadows. "You stopped kissing me in the crowd. What was that all about if you enjoyed it?"

The young lad with no name, was in front of her in seconds and guided her away from a scurrying group of drunk men attempting to hold one another up but to no avail, as they all nearly crashed into her. She is pressed into the back of his back as the big group passes them with many others following after.

Mira frowns at the suddenly briskly growing villagers in the area. For a man trying to be discreet and even sending Mira his own son to retrieve her, was clearly quick-witted at his choice of setting.

"Why is it so busy here?"

He moves her in front of him as they resume their way through the crowd making their way even deeper in.  "The brothel is a few feet away from us. Should I elaborate?"

Mira shakes her head. The fact only getting into her head now.  "But why are you here?"

She turns to face him beside her. Just that exact time did everyone around decide to speak louder— she could hear various screams, moans and so much chitter and chatter, Mira feels a migraine forming at her temples to which she massages away still trying to face him.

He looks down at her from his intimidating height and even in the shadows and the dim lights of the festival did Mira still find him more handsome than ever. His sharp eyes gawks at her hand rubbing her temples and then dropping it at her side all with precision and intelligence; as if he were studying her.