Prologue

She felt each deep inhale as a sharp stabbing pain in her side, her throat felt parched and clogged from the icy air. Her now deep blue lips were raw and chapped. Her entire body was freezing. It wouldn't be long before she fell down and the ice begins to envelope her in an ice-cold crystal blanket of death.

She knew it was only a matter of time - she wouldn't  make it, she could already feel it. Her breathing was becoming more ragged, her eyes were slowly drooping, her body was slowly giving in to the coldness - she was so numb she couldn't  feel the tips of her ears, fingers and toes, she couldn't  feel anything inside of her either, just an empty cold ice block where her heart should have been. Her lungs were struggling to function with the pressure and force of the frost that hailed  onto her, until she began  gasping for air and sucked deeper breaths to help keep her going but still she knew - It was only a matter of time...

All around her was a vast space of ice-packed earth, surrounded by an icicle-clad forest. Her feet were scraping through the rough ice, biting her toes till they turned blue-black. She's surprised they haven't fallen off yet. She thought they were some blue food till she looked down and studied it closely and saw it was her toes. She didn't even feel it.
Each kiss of her foot on the ground left trails of blood behind, the snow sucked it in  turning it scarlet. Her feet have started to form blisters and it eventually began bleeding and not once has she flinched from it. She has completely succumbed to the pain, the same way she will succumb to her death. Just a mere thought that will end soon.

The Wood surrounding the perimeter gloved in ice gave way to another set of snow-packed  land, equally surrounded by wood. The forests were becoming colder and colder, the wood so frozen it barely stirred in the gale wind. This was what she has been doing the past few days if it was days she wasn't sure - it felt like years, trekked from one land to another passing through the Wood reaching nothing. Getting absolutely nowhere, no food, not a single sign of life visible  that reached  out to her. She was completely and utterly alone, save for the icy cold creek from which she regularly drank from, but the iciness of it has worsened her chest.

She was going nowhere - this was where her life ended. There was nothing to live for. With not a single piece of clothing on her being, her feet bleeding out, and her body slowly numbing, she might as well end her life. Who dared made her live like this if there was no point to this life?

She doesn't know where she was going, or how she got here. She doesn't  even know who she was. Yet she allowed her bloody feet to drag her along each day - heightening her condition.

Her head suddenly felt too heavy. The air was too cold to breath, her blood has chilled. She couldn't feel anything. Her heart was thumping less and less. She was so numb she fell to her hands and knees - the ice-cold earth immediately cutting off her circulation. She tried to call for help, but her throat was dry and as usual it was  to no avail.

Her breathing slowed,  she fell down completely hugging the frost. Her long ash hair blanketing her. She rolled onto her back, the icicles stabbing into her, there was sure to be more blood. She felt the ice fall onto her bare face, breasts and thighs. It chilled her to the bone. The sky was so grey. Not a spark of joy.

Slowy her eyes  drooped closed and then it shut, her breathing stopped and her head gave in. She started seeing stars in her vision - the grey sky giving way to the dark. Until her last breath left her and finally...
She was gone.