23

In most cases when Mira got here, she wasn't in the least surprised to find bone man in the exact place Zalaena said he would be. So here he was carving about his bones with literally about no care in the world.

Mira can't place herself as to why she came here if she were honest; and it was definitely not because of how good the men looked inside the blacksmith; but she had to say, having bone man squat here as his home place was an advantage. She saw a few glimpses of wet tanned sculpted arms inside and she had to prevent herself from curling her toes inside her boots, because the last time she did that her boots got damaged. Just how hard did she do it. So she went for going about softly if she really couldn't stop herself.

Unfortunately for her the young man at the candy stall was quite vigilant which meant she couldn't snatch a candy on a stick away as she always did, so she resulted for going directly to him and purchasing it upfront as she should do.

She sighed as she got the yellow one. It was the worst flavour in her opinion, just who liked sucking on sweet lemon? She rolled her eyes when she realized it was the only flavour they had to offer too. Pathetic.

Now Mira stands before the bone man watching him carve out his bones into what looked like needle-like sticks. She starts feeling repulsed and gags out loud. She didn't want to know where those bones came from.

Her gag caught the bone man's attention. He stares at her with wide eyes and an open mouth and begins to crawl forward on all fours towards her at the entrance of this dead aisle.

She continues gazing at how expertly he did that crawl and she freezes after putting the lolly in her mouth. She most certainly didn't want to know how he learned that crawl either.

She frowns, her brows knotting together with each step he got closer to her. His long toenails scraped the sand floor in the process with a sound that sounded like nails scratching on a chalkboard. Mira didn't know why or how it could possibly sound like that, but one thing is clear— he had to cut his toenails. Whoever came and groomed his face could of at least seen to the rest of his being, by attending to his toenails, nails, hair and clothes instead of letting him smell like a damn garbage bag.

Obviously the person who did this has clearly felt pitiful for the old man if he had to return to clean his mouth, washing away any sort of evidence. It's brilliant thinking Mira had to admit, there was no way; well there could be; that they could find the culprit who did this who has already rid of his ability to talk and the rest of the evidence needed to catch him. This left the person with 1 and them with 0.

Sometimes being too intelligent was a sin.

Mira stands still as the man looks up at her with dull eyes. He moans and groans as he looks back down and searching in the sand deeply embedded with bones now resting on his bottom.

"What are you doing?"  She looks to him for some sort of indication or bone language or something of what he was doing, but he ignored her and continued his searches. He starts groaning again, but this one sounded like annoyance.

So Mira realizes that he was looking for something and in this bone factory of his he couldn't find it.

He scuttles about — becoming more restless by the second glancing around and around —throwing sand around as it were confetti. She found plenty bone pieces discarded around and she was afraid that if she didn't ask him if this was what he was looking for that they'd be here for years getting absolutely nowhere.

Mira looks around the rest of the Village in sight for Jezio. She knows he was in the area around this time, either retrieving his new stock, or plotting his next heist. Especially since this time they had more stocks available ranging from clothes to ornaments to foods and thus Jezio's opportunity to get right at it with his stealing.