26

The double doors leading right into the foyer of her House, is huge and practically magnificent. It could of been more beautiful than the ballroom itself. On either side of the  giant foyer— baring the gardens outside, are long windows showing the parts of the Court on either side. To the right were gardens and waterfalls which Cleo often spent her time at, and the left side bares the cemetery where Genevieve was recently buried. It was like heaven on one side and hell on the other.

Then inside of the foyer, on either side of  the glass walls, were wide staircases leading up to a dais-like area of potted plants standing  on  glass tables; just like that of the huge ones standing around on the floor below— making it look like the plant were being worshipped by everyone and everything below it. The railings of the staircases matched her broken ones in her chambers—glass encrusted with gems, and the mosaic tiled staircases were covered in deep rich green carpeting.

It is quite the sight Cleo had to admit. She never spent her time here, she could count on her one hand just how many times she was actually here. Her main way of leaving Court was her balcony, and escaping over the entrance gate right into the fields and then finally to her most exciting destination — the Village. And still she never got caught. It was either a miracle, or her guards were really damn stupid at their job.

Maids and guards has already lined the doors standing before them and others on the staircases waiting for the next commands coming their way soon. Well maybe.

Cleo lifts her one bare foot and rolls her ankle in circles ridding of the stiff joints there. Then she rolls her neck from side to side and then back and forth before sitting on the floor stretching her legs out before her.

She first flinched at her bottom meeting the icy floor through her thin white cotton dress, before sighing out in pleasure at the cool contact it made. The dress reached her shins luckily, the long dresses were just too  hot for her. She had always layed her preferences to shorter dresses, especially ones reaching her mid-thigh where she could breathe and enjoy it more, unlike the long dresses. But unfortunately, even though Landon knew; she rather stuck with longer dresses for the time being.

She changes her position to cross legs and flicks her head back to gaze upon the huge and only silver and glass chandelier swaying gently above them. It cast many transparent rainbows onto the floors, making it look like a  colourful festival entrance with anyone entering. The sun hit it at a perfect angle, casting the rainbow light on the mosaic floors. The sight would be breathe taking were Cleo in a better mood, but unfortunately she wasn't. But even in her current mood, she only found it beautiful nothing more.

"Miss? Is everything alright?"

Oh Landon.

She brings her gaze back down to him standing on her left, with Sir Andrew's just beside him standing proudly in his uniform. He looks to be out of thought, not meeting anyone gazes but the floor.

Landon just beside him in his monocle and freshly trimmed hair looked down at her with concern, noting her covered legs. He had a tail coat on today, with black breeches and lapels on the entire front of his cloak. He wants to give a good first impression. Should of been something Cleo should have done too.

She then looks to her right, facing the double doors before them; to see Lady Delilah and Sir Evans— just beside Delilah; giving Cleo a knowing look. She cringes away from his eyes, not wanting to think about him nor Thane at this moment.

Lady Delilah, even in her bright yellow dress which brought pain to her eyeballs, looked heavily drained. She had bags under her eyes but still tried to look fabulous in her too revealing sleeveless dress, with slits on either side of her legs. Cleo wondered what made her look like shit. She's been like this since the last activity of Mabel and the weeds. If Cleo remembered correctly Delilah hadn't even finished a glass of wine, she drank too little.