𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1- 𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝗼𝐬𝐞𝐬.

Make sure to read the "Before You Read" chapter

Make sure to read the "Before You Read" chapter. Take consideration of the TW's as the descriptions are vivid/graphic.
——————————-
Your POV:
Play Music.

Thump.

Thump.

My fingers tapped against the dust-coated window sill.

Thump.

Thump.

The rain drops gliding down the window, the gloomy sky and rustling trees. A perfect stormy day. I looked down from the window. No one was outside today, the stray dogs were probably hiding in an alleyway under an awning or something while everyone was indoors.

 Dad said I was bad yesterday so I didn't get to go eat dinner with mom and him tonight. It's okay though, I'm not hungry. My appetite is weak after well...everything.

A clap of thunder startled me, knocking me off the chair I was sitting on. Stupid loud noises, I hate them. I looked around my dark room. It wasn't the nicest. My bedpost was on the verge of falling apart. The mattress was crap and feathers were poking out. I didn't have any pillows and I got my blankets taken away. I do have a desk though, a couple dresses too. Although they're a little ripped and torn but I'm not allowed outside so it doesn't matter.

But my most prized possession is my teddy bear, Berry. I keep her hidden under my bed since I found it in a hall closet. She's got a missing eye and a hole in her butt too. I think it suits her. She's my only friend, we have tea dates together and tell eachother happy stories. We have a plan to runaway one day, to go see the outside together. But I'm only 9 so it will have to wait a little.

Knock. Knock.

In a split second I had gone from the floor to sitting on my bed with my hands in my lap.

"(Y/n). What was that noise?" Dad walked in with a candle in his hand. He had a frown on his face and his eyebrow raised. I wiped the sweat off my hands and looked down towards the floor.

"I fell off my chair...I'm sorry I will be more careful next time I promise."

He stood still for a moment before shutting the door behind him. My hands were shaking as he set the candle down on my desk.

He chuckled, " you know what time it is, don't you?"

And that night, just like every other night for the last 2 years, he hurt me. Forced me to do things I didn't want to do. I'd tell him to stop but he'd just laugh and cover my mouth. I'd stare at the ceiling and try to envision the happy stories me and Berry made up but they could only do so much.