First Man (Chapter Sixty Two)

Elena's POV

Mia's halfway through her 3rd grade year and Zachary is halfway through this 1st grade year, time files once you have children, I remember them both being so little and now they are growing like crazy! Austin's been sober this whole time which is still amazing to me, he's really pulled himself together. He still tours but now he only tours during the first three months of the year is usually January, February and March and then he's home the rest, it really works for us because he's home for some of the school year and the whole summer break.

We try to take the kids somewhere every summer even if it's a small trip we went to Disney last year and it was amazing the kids loved it, I want to take them back again once they get a little older. We try to go on less busy days but austin still gets recognized, it's kinda hard to hide with the tattoos. But we make it work and the kids have fun and honestly that's all that matters to us. Oh! Shelby and diamanté both have babies now! Shelby has a little boy Named Watson who's 1 now with Smitty and diamanté has a little girl names lane who is almost 1! Lane was Dre's idea, no connection to my name! Niall I've heard has three kids now and is married to a lovely women.

"Mom!" Mia said running from the front room to the kitchen where I was cooking dinner. I still haven't gotten over these two little humans calling me mom and running around my house filling it with music from their little feet. "What baby?" I said as she climbed into a chair sitting down "why do people at school call dad post malone instead of Austin?" She said looking confused. Both kids have been to plenty of shows but they still have a hard time understanding post malone is a persona for Austin so when people call post malone or posty they get confused.

Austin walked in right when she asked sitting across from her. "Can I answer?" Austin said looking at me and I nodded "well baby girl you know how I sing?" Mia nodded looking at her dad with her big brown eyes. "Well the name that I sing with is post malone, a lot of people know me as post malone, they may known my name is Austin but they rather just call me post malone and that's okay, but you'll always call me dad." He said kissing her forehead and it warmed my heart.

We've been together now for  almost 9 years, with Mia being 8 and Zachary being 6 almost 7 it's crazy how fast time does go by. Austin and his mom have been talking here and there. They have their moments but he's still not ready for her to be around our kids and I just have to go on his time. "Daddy!!" Zachary said running through the kitchen and jumping in his arms. Watching how much he loves our kids will never get old.

"You wanna hear my feature on ty's new song spicy?" Austin asked and I nodded "of course baby" he pulled out his phone, I heard the music fill the room and Zachary was still in the room but Mia had ran off to her room. We weren't picky on letting them hear the cuss words in Austin's song, because we took them to see him in concert. "She tryna pull my pants down" Zacharys face when he heard that was priceless. "Daddy! Why's she trying to pull your pants down?" He said looking at Austin shocked and we busted out laughing, "it's just lyrics bud no meaning." Austin smiled. It was little moments like this.
————————

Mia just turned 13 which means she's a teenager. Austin and I have a teenager!! That's so crazy to me, knowing that me and Austin made these kids and they are growing up so quickly makes me happy but breaks my heart at the same time if that makes sense. Zachary is 11 almost 12 and times just going to fast for my liking. Austin still tours the same schedule he did a few years back a few months a year, his career still does great his fans still love him.

"Mom can we talk?" Mia said as I walked into her room to give her the clean laundry. "Of course." I said sitting next to her on her bed. "I don't want to tell dad this, but I over heard Leah's mom say dad looks like a criminal because he has face tattoos." I took a deep breath. "Honey you know your dad is not a criminal, and some people are just bitter with how their lives turned out and have to talk down to others. You know your dad is the best dad out there, you can't listen to other people, your dad provides you with the best life just remember that he loves you." She smiled and nodded "I know it made me more mad than anything." She said and I nodded "I know it did."  I said getting up.