Better Man (Chapter Thirty Four)

Elena's POV

To say I'm pissed would be an understatement, I'm livid I want to kill Austin if I'm being honest with you. He's been gone almost all day and now his crew is here, and he's left me to handle it by myself, a day after I birthed our child. It's very disheartening because I can't help but keep thinking is this something, he's going to do to me every time we have a disagreement? I don't want Mia growing up with her parents always fighting, I want her growing up seeing nothing but love, I want her to know true love exists and I truly love Austin with all my heart but he cant do this every single time he doesn't like what I say. Here we are trying to move into a house we just bought together both of our name went on the paperwork, just had our daughter, became parents for the first time and he's acting like this.

I opened the front and Smitty was standing there with flowers and a welcome baby girl balloon "Elena you look great!" he said handing me the flowers then hugging me "thank you." I said smiling at him sitting the flowers on the table beside the front door "Can we come in?" he asked, and I nodded "Of course!" I said smiling and moving out of the way. In walked the rest of the guys and they all had flowers or balloons which I thought was really nice, it made me feel loved. "Where's Mia?" Smitty finally asked after everyone had walked into the house. "she's actually asleep in my room, she should be waking up soon to eat, if you guys want to make yourself comfortable" I said walking to the room to make sure she was still asleep.

"where's Austin?" Adam asked sitting on a chair. "I don't know." I said being honest, I hadn't even tried texting him since he left. "what do you mean you don't know?" Jay asked and I took a seat on the couch next to Smitty "he got mad at me earlier and left." I said shrugging my shoulders. "what did he get mad about?" Smitty asked and I explained everything to them, and they all looked pissed "he got mad over that? Seriously you just had a baby." Smitty said shaking his head. Before I could talk again, I heard the sounds of a waking Mia on the baby monitor. "someone is waking up." I said getting up and walking to the bedroom. "hello baby girl." I said picking her up and her cries stopped I quickly changed her and then walked back to the front room.

"I know you guys want to hold her, but she needs feed first." I said sitting down and putting the cover over my chest and Mia, so the guys didn't feel uncomfortable. I could tell they still felt a bit awkward "I'll take her in the room to finish." I said starting to get up, but they all stopped me "No this is your house." Smitty said smiling and I nodded, Mia finished up pretty quickly and I fixed my shirt under the blanket before taking it off and reliving a calm Mia and I started to burp her. "oh my god she's so tiny." Smitty said looking at her and smiling. Once she had burped, I wrapped her back up in her blanket "do you want to hold her first?" I asked looking at Smitty.

He nodded holding his hands out "I've never held a baby." He said smiling as I handed her to him "Just make sure you support her head." I said putting his arm where it needed to be. "wow she looks just like you with a little Austin sprinkled in." he said staring at her, and she was so calm, my heart didn't help but hurt a little because Austin wasn't here to show his friends his daughter. "everyone who wants to hold her you need to go wash your hands now." I said looking at everyone and they nodded all getting up quickly "I washed mine already." Smitty said and I nodded "I know, I wouldn't have let you hold her if you didn't." I said smiling and he nodded, putting his attention back on Mia.

Eventually everyone had held her expect Adam he was last, he walked over picking her up slowly holding her just the way I had shown him, he held her for maybe 3 minutes before she started to cry "take her." He said walking over to me and he handed her to me, and she stopped crying "You just missed your mommy huh." I said touching her nose. "I'm not good with crying babies." Adam said sitting back down. "that's okay." I said smiling at him. Then I heard the doorknob click and the sensor for the security system dinged. I looked up to see Austin walking in with Dre, Shelby and Diamanté walking in behind him.