Lullaby (Chapter Sixty One)

4 years later

Elena's POV

Oh man where to begin. We got married a year after the engagement Mia was the flower girl, Zachary was the ring bearer, my sister, Shelby, doja, and diamanté were my bridesmaids and of course Austin's side had Dre, Smitty, Jay and his dad was his best man. Rich walked me down the aisle, he was the best person I could have asked to do so, not having a dad who cared made that decision easy. Rich cried when I asked and he cried when he gave me away, it was like I had my own family now the one I created, my aunt and sister and then Austin's side.

Austin cried during our vows, I held up all the way through till the I do and then I let a tear slip but not many I had paid to much for my makeup! Austin's mom didn't come to the wedding but she did send a card with a gift card in it. It's not because she won't talk to Austin, austin won't talk to her yet but like I said he has to do this on his own I can't force him. Our wedding was beautiful it was outside in our backyard, it was a small wedding but that's what we wanted. I'll include a picture of him from that day and you tell me he isn't the most handsome thing you've ever seen. And no I didn't let him keep the cigarette in his ear.

What else do you need caught up on? We went through the wedding, his mom, oh! And Niall I did tell him he wasn't the father and he wished us the best and honestly he handled it well, he was even invited to the wedding by Austin so I'd say everythi...

What else do you need caught up on? We went through the wedding, his mom, oh! And Niall I did tell him he wasn't the father and he wished us the best and honestly he handled it well, he was even invited to the wedding by Austin so I'd say everything goods there. Kelly got out of jail but we have a restraining order on her so she hasn't attempted to contact us I'm guessing jail scared her. Austin's been on tour the last three months which have been hard, the kids miss him and with Mia being 5 she understands more now, she has noticed he's all the time but she doesn't hold it against him, she's always excited every time he comes home. He's been sober this whole time even on tour, no one backstage is aloud to drink so that helps him!

Mia starts kindergarten next week and it makes me nervous, she's never been without me but I'm not a teacher and I want her getting her education, I did teach her preschool but that's where I stop. She's going to private school due to who her dad is, it's better for her to be at a smaller school so it's not such a big deal for us to go to school functions. Zachary is 3 so he's getting ready to start preschool with me, and it's just gonna be me and him all day.

"I'll be home the night before so I can go with you to take Mia to school." Austin said through the FaceTime "okay she's so excited, me on the other hand not so much I'm gonna miss my baby." I said tearing up a little "I know baby but I'll be home for a month after so I'll be right there with you missing her." I smiled. I was ready to have Austin at home for more than a few days, I know this is his job but gosh we miss him so much sometimes. Luckily Rich and Jodi come over at least 4 times a week and I can't complain the kids love them so fucking much.

———————-

It's the early morning before Mia goes to school, and I plan on taking her to pick out a new outfit to wear, Austin will be home this evening around 5 so Rich and Jodi are going to watch Zachary so I can take Mia shopping and get her nails painted. "Let go Mia!" I said picking her up and kissing her. "Shopping!" She said and I laughed "shopping!" I copied her and took her out to the car. Austin of course updated my car which I didn't need but he insisted. We pulled up to the mall and I took her inside the children's store. "Mommy I want this one!" She said showing me a yellow sunflower dress, it was adorable it was while and the had little yellow sunflowers all over it.