You Need To Calm Down (Chapter Twenty Nine)

Elena's POV

"Dre, I'm going to need you to calm down." I said getting up off the couch, he had his hands on his head and the look in his eyes was pure shock and worry. "I'm going to change into some dry pants, and I'll be right back sit, relax." I said moving him over to the couch. I have been having light contractions most of the day, but they weren't close, so I didn't worry Austin by telling him. I would say my pain tolerance is somewhat strong, so I was hoping the pain wasn't bad, but I wasn't dumb either and I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I quickly got changed into sweatpants and walked back out seeing Dre pacing back of forth on the phone. "I mean man she's in labor." I heard him say knowing he was on the phone with Austin.

"give me the phone." I said and Dre didn't hesitate "Austin, relax I'm fine, the contractions aren't close so it will be a while." I said and I could tell he was panicking "Austin breath." I said knowing he was pacing or in his car. It was funny how they were panicking, and I was the calm one trying to calm them down. "just get some safe." I said and it was like he couldn't talk "okay baby I love you" he said before hanging up. I walked over to sit down and try and relax. "What do we do?" Dre said still walking back and forth "Dre, we do nothing, my body will do most of the work." I said leaning back and getting comfy.

"I'm going to call my midwife and let her know what's going on." I said and Dre just nodded still walking back and forth and he still looked scared and shocked. I called her and she told me she would come over soon to see if I'm dilated at all. It was cracking me up watching Dre "Will you please just sit down?" I said trying not to let him know I was wanting to laugh at him. "I can't nerves." He said and I busted out laughing "Stop it." I said trying not to pee, it was like I couldn't stop laughing. After about an hour Austin still wasn't here. "Where are you?" I said answering the phone seeing he was calling.

"I'm stuck on the freeway, Are you okay? I'm trying to hurry; I'll walk if I have too." He said and I laughed "no need for that, Tara will be here in a few minutes to see if I'm dilated at all." I said smiling "okay baby I'll be home soon I love you." He said and I hung up. "Dre sit down." I said this time a little annoyed, he had been walking for an hour straight, he hasn't stopped. "where is Austin?" he said finally sitting down and I let him know he was getting here just stuck in traffic. I knew Austin was going to be 100 times worse than Dre once he got there, I can see him now in the car, I know for a fact he is yelling at traffic and getting frustrated.

Finally, my midwife Tara walked in the door "baby time!" she said holding her big bag that I'm guessing is full of supply. "I hope so." I said smiling "where's dad?" she said looking ad Dre confused, she had met Austin, so she knew it wasn't Dre. "he's stuck in traffic on the Freeway, this is his manager and our friend Dre." I said pointing to Dre. "oh okay, well let's check you." She said and I nodded "I'll be in the nursery." Dre said quickly getting up and walking away. I took my pants down "Do you have a dress you could change into? It might be easier for you to have a dress on" she said, and I nodded "I'll change after this." I said and she smiled. I put my feet up on the table and she checked my cervix "it looks like you're right at a 5 right now.".

"that means you are about 1 centimeter away from being in active labor. You're going to start feeling it in your back, your legs might cramp, and the contractions are going to get stronger and closer together and you might feel nauseated. I have a few things I need to get done but once the contractions get closer call me, I won't be far away I promise. Just relax and breath." She said leaving and I got up walking to my room changing into a dress. "Dre you can come out." I said and he peaked his head out of the door "Are you sure?" he said, and I nodded "Yes." I said and he slowly walked out following me to the front room.

"where did she go?" he said looking around "She will be back, I'm at a 5." I said and he looked at me confused "I'm like the size of a lime slice." I said and he nodded "Sounds painful." He said and I shook my head no "not really but she said it was going to start getting stronger." I said and he nodded "God I hope Austin gets here soon." He said and I laughed. I watched Dre look out of the window "ill be right back I want to make sure I locked my car." He said walking out the door and I turned on the TV.