MFB : BL 28

Yibo returned home later than usual. Xiao Zhan was already fast asleep in the bedroom.

Yibo sighed as he slumped himself on the sofa, he loosens his tie while he closes his eyes.

"Tiring," he mumbled as he searches for the remote control with his hand without darting his eyes. Then he was able to grab it. He opened his eyes as he turned the television on, he sighed in annoyance when he found nothing interesting.

He stopped clicking on it and sluggishly stood. "Might wash up and go to sleep already," he mumbled to himself and went upstairs.

.

After ten minutes or so, he was done. He grabbed his blanket and pillow from the bed. He was planning to sleep on the sofa again, he suddenly felt aware of Xiao Zhan and it's making him uneasy.

He looked at Xiao Zhan's sleeping face for a second, "thump!" there it is again, the unexplainable things that have been bothering him the whole day, that's why he keeps making mistakes at his work and even got distracted.

He immediately looked away. If he doesn't look away, he might do something irrational, though he already did that on the first night after having the agreement. (refer MFB:BL6)

He heaved a sigh, he suddenly felt the tiredness all over his body. He went his way down to the living room with his heavy steps.

When he reached the sofa, he slumped his body. The television keeps rolling as he snuggled himself to the pillow he brought.

"endure, Yibo. Endure, until everything is normal," he said to himself and closed his eyes. Though it is uncomfortable, he forced himself to sleep.

.

Xiao Zhan woke up from being alone on the king-size bed. He sighed as he predicted where Yibo is sleeping again. He went downstairs and checked the living room. He was right, Yibo is crouching on the sofa that is just his length but not enough for him to move around.

"It's the second night that he slept here," he shook Yibo to wake. "Mr. President, wakey wakey ~" Xiao Zhan uttered.

Yibo yawned as he slowly opens his eyes. "You seem uncomfortable there," Xiao Zhan uttered. The moment Yibo was able to see his surroundings, his eyes went wide when he saw Xiao Zhan, he jolted in surprise, but then he immediately snaps back.

"Why are you surprise about?" Xiao Zhan's brows furrowed, he's curious as to why he is acting strange.

"N-nothing," Yibo answered and stood from the sofa to avoid eye contact with Xiao Zhan.

"Anyway, you go prepare for work and I'll prepare your food," Xiao Zhan shooed him out of the living room.

Yibo obliged and made his way to his bedroom.

.

Yibo was already dressed. He sat on the chair across Xiao Zhan and pick up the chopsticks and started eating. "How was your heat? It hasn't occurred yet again, I suppose," He broke out the silence.

Xiao Zhan is scrolling on his phone while sipping on his cup of tea, "Ahuh, maybe because of you that it's not occurring irregularly anymore," he answered without averting away from his attention to his phone.

"I'm glad that my pheromones can help you stabilize your heat," he said and put food in his mouth in a small portion.

"It's a big help! because of your pheromones, I'm able to do what I want to do without any side effects of the suppressants. I'm not taking any, anymore," he tittered.

"Good for you," He said and keep on eating.

"Thank you, by the way. How about you? Alphas have they rut too, right?" Xiao Zhan asked as he scrolls on his phone, his legs are crossed together.

"Yeah, but I have strong suppressants for that," he answered.

"Isn't it has side effects too?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, but I'm fine. I've been taking it since a long time ago. It doesn't affect my work though,"

"But still, you can rely on me too, you know?"

"Alpha's rut is a lot more dangerous than omega's heat," Yibo uttered.

"Then, I should drink my suppressants instead of troubling you to calm down my heat," he frowned.

Yibo sighed, "you don't need to do that, I'm here to help you remember?"

"But isn't it unfair?" Xiao Zhan whined.

"I'm fine, please don't trouble yourself from thinking unnecessary things like that,"

Xiao Zhan pouted as he took a glimpse of Yibo, but something caught his eyes that made his expression change.

He clicked his tongue, "You're well-dressed every day but look at you now, your tie is crooked," he remarked and put down his phone. He stood from his seat and walked to Yibo's side.

"Face this way, I'll fix that," Xiao Zhan uttered, his brows are furrowed, irritated at how Yibo's necktie is not tied perfectly.

Yibo's cheeks flushed red at the closeness of Xiao Zhan's face. He looked away, 'too close!' he screamed internally. His heart was thumping fast as well, he's afraid that Xiao Zhan might hear it.

"There, all done," Xiao Zhan smiled which made his heart thumping even worse.

"T-thank you," he stuttered and looked down at his food. He just want to get out of there already, he feels uneasy all of a sudden.

He immediately ate his fill and stood from his seat. "Thanks for the meal," he uttered without meeting Xiao Zhan's eyes.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head, confused on why Yibo is acting strange. But he shrugged it off and stood from his seat, "here you're lunch. Eat all of it, okay?" He tittered as he gave him the bag of his lunchbox.

"Y-yeah," he answered and turned around. He rapidly walked out of the house to avoid any interrogation from Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan's brows are still furrowed, "he's really acting strange," he uttered as he traces a look at the entrance of the dining room where Yibo just went out.

Then he averts his attention to the plate in front of him, "and he hasn't eaten all of it," he shook his head. "Anyway, I forgot to ask him again why is he sleeping in the living room instead of sleeping on the bed," he shrugged, "guess I'll have to ask later," he said and grabbed the spoon to start eating.