MFB : BL 26

The next day...

Yibo was already in his office, immersing himself in work. He got to catch up with the works he left from the days he took an absence. He was not supposed to be taking an absence. But because of some reasons he took some and left his work in his office. Now it's piled up.

It's noon and he finally finished half of his work. He sighed as he rests his back on his swivel chair. He removed his eyes glasses and massaged his temple.

He didn't even take a break just to quickly finish half of it. His stomach rumbled, his breakfast this morning that Xiao Zhan cooked for him was already drained. Then he suddenly remembered, Xiao Zhan prepared a lunch box for him this morning. He looked around and spotted the bag on the coffee table.

He stood from his seat and went to get it, he smiled as he picks up the bag. "He should have not wasted his time making this," he uttered to himself and opened the bag. He opened the lunchbox, the food is still warm since it's a thermostat lunchbox.

"Hm, he took time making this dumpling huh?" he said and picked up the chopsticks that are alongside the lunchbox. Then he started eating, he smiled when the savor of the food released happy hormones. It's as if his exhaustion from work vanished.

While he was chewing, a thought suddenly popped out of his head. He grabbed his phone and opened his gallery.

That night, he took a picture of Xiao Zhan sleeping. He hadn't looked at it if it turned out great.

He clicked the photo that he took that night out of the few photos he has on his phone.

A smile sprung on his lips, his mouth unconsciously stopped moving. The image of Xiao Zhan, peacefully sleeping and hugging a pillow is shown on the screen.

"He looks too cute when he's asleep," he giggled. Then his heart suddenly skipped a beat, that made him snap on his own thoughts.

'What's that?' his conscience uttered. 'No, that's not a good sign,' he added.

He immediately turns his phone off and set it aside. "Work!" he exclaimed as he immediately finishes his food to return to his work.

.

It's nine in the evening, his usual home time. He was able to finish his two days' worth of work. He removed his glasses and put them on his case as he rests his back on his swivel chair for a bit before he decides to go home. As he had his rest, he immediately fixed his things, but then his phone suddenly rang, someone, is calling him. He grabbed his phone without looking at the caller ID and answered.

"Yes?" he uttered as he continues fixing his things.

"Are you heading home?" It was Xiao Zhan.

Yibo paused for a minute when he heard his voice. The tiredness he's feeling vanished all of a sudden, but he immediately came back to his senses. "Yeah, just finish my work," he answered and continued packing his things.

"Oh, please drop by a drug store. I'm running out of pills," he said from the other line.

"mn," Yibo answered and finally done. And about to get out of his office.

"Thank you~" He giggleed from the other line that made Yibo smile. He's imagining Xiao Zhan's face, giggleing while thanking him.

He shook his head, "Welcome," he answered with his monotone.

"See you!" Xiao Zhan said before cutting off the call.

Yibo sighed, "I should not get carried away," he uttered and grabbed his bag.

.

He arrived home, he bought the pills Xiao Zhan was asking him to get along the way.

He went upstairs and dropped his bag at the entrance. He yawned as he travels his eyes around the room, Xiao Zhan was finally asleep, and he's facing his back at Yibo.

Yibo stared at his back for a couple of minutes and thought, 'my best friend had already grown, he deserves a better man by his side,'

He imagined Xiao Zhan having someone sleeping by his side as he watches his back. A pint of sting struck down him, "You're just here to protect him, remember?" He reminded himself.

he sighed as he stretches his arms above his head, "I should wash up," he mumbled and went to the bathroom.

.

After finishing his shower, he went out of the bathroom. He looked at the sleeping Xiao Zhan again, now he's position is facing the door, while hugging a pillow.

"He sleeps really well, he's not even bothered by me making a sound," he mumbled and smiled.

He wiped his hair with a towel as he rummages in his closet for pajamas, then he wore them.

He stood in front of the bed, thinking if he should sleep beside him or just go elsewhere to sleep.

He sighed, "Nah, this will just stir me up even more," he whispered to prevent him from waking Xiao Zhan.

He grabbed the spare pillow and his blanket, 'The sofa would be good,' he thought.

Before getting out, he stares at Xiao Zhan again, "Good night," he mumbled. His sleeping face is dazzling in his eyes, his plump lips and soft skin is inviting him to touch him. But he refrained himself, he heaved a deep sigh and stoop out of the door, he gently closed the door as he went out.

He made his way downstairs and set his pillow and blanket on the sofa. Though it's the right length for him, he feels the discomfort. It's not as warm as in the bed, because Xiao Zhan was there to spread the warmness.

"I should get used to this," he said as he opens the television to entertain himself to sleep.

He laid himself on the sofa, covered his body with a blanket, and clicked on the television to look for something interesting on the shows.

...to be continued...

A/N: Another lame chapter! I'm so sorrrrry~ 😭