Chapter 5

The next morning I wake up Jàime is stretched out over my bed, her leg way over on my side with her foot on my leg. I go to move her foot, trying not to wake her but she jumps and looks at me.

"What time is it?" Jàime asks sleepily.

"It's almost 8am." I say.

"Ughhh. I need coffee and donuts." Jàime says.

"Where we gonna go to get them?" I ask.

"Um, How you Bean, like always." Jàime says.

"I don't think it's a good idea to go in there after yesterday. Besides I did get danishes yesterday." I chuckle.

"They're gone already or else I would have one." Jàime chuckles.

"And why? You didn't do anything wrong." Jàime says.

"I know but they don't know that. Apparently the girl who did it looks eerily like me so say the police." I say.

"How is it there is someone out there that looks like you, in the area, and we haven't seen them?" Jàime asks.

"I don't know. I don't really pay attention to anyone when I go places. It's possible there is someone who does kind of look like me out there, but I haven't and I wouldn't notice." I say.

"So let's go find out." Jàime says.

"Fine, but if I get arrested again. It's on you." I say as I throw a hoodie on.

"Okay. Let's go." Jàime says as she gets up and walks to her room, I follow behind her.

She grabs a hoodie then walks down the stairs, grabbing her keys on the way out the door. I follow behind her and get in her car. We pull up to How you Bean and head inside. I immediately see the girl who accused me of assaulting her. I walk up to the counter and try to get her attention.

"Um, Hi. I just wanted to talk to you. I don't know who attacked you but it wasn't me." I say to her.

"Yes it was. You need to leave before I call the police." The girl says.

"They arrested me because you claimed I attacked you but it wasn't me." I say.

"I remember and it was you. I'm calling the cops." She says.

"Call them. I'm here for coffee and donuts and since I didn't do anything then there is no reason for you or anyone here to deny me service. The girl who attacked you had pointed acrylic nails." I say. The girl looks at me and sets her phone down.

"Yes." She says.

"Look, I have real nails, not fake ones. None are broken or missing." I say.

"That proves nothing. You could have taken them off after." The girl says. I roll my eyes.

"The police took a sample from under my nails, if it were me, your skin cells would be under my nails. Right..." I say.

"Right." She says.

"I have to wait for the results but I promise you I'll show you them when they come in. It wasn't me. I'm sorry you were attacked, but I didn't do it. I come in here all the time. Why would I randomly attack you just on that day?" I ask.

"Ok. If wasn't you then who was it, because the girl looked just like you, I could have sworn it was you." She says.

"Just like me how?" I ask. The girl looks at me confused.

"Wait.." The barista says as she looks me over.

"The girl that attacked me was a little bit taller, still, could have been wearing heels.. and she had darker blonde hair than you but you could have dyed it lighter since then. If it wasn't you, I'm sorry. I am probably just used to seeing you in here so maybe I did mix up what I thought she looks like. I apologize." The girl says embarrassed.