Chapter 24

I don't want to sit with what Damien said but I do. I go get in the shower and let the water fall on me, all around me. How could I have been so stupid to get involved with him. I knew what he was and still I didn't care. I should have known this was going to happen. That he would betray me some how. Yet as angry as I am, all I can hear is his words playing over in my head 'I might fucking love you.'

Was that even true? Could he really feel for me? Or was it just another manipulation tactic he was using to get to me? I have all these questions and no answers. I know I am stuck in my contract with him until I do what I'm supposed to do. Damien says I'm not ready but I think I am. I could just listen to him, take his word for it, or I could go after William now.

With everything going on, I just want to be with Gemini. But she needs our mother now, more than ever. I hate to think such grim thoughts but if the transplant doesn't work, if Gemini dies, then if Jenise were here at least Gemini would get to see Jenise one last time. I'm the only one who can make that happen. I get out of the shower and get dressed.

I don't even know if I can do this, but I sit on my bed and concentrate, trying to find Jenise. The first few tries, nothing happened. Finally I pick up on something but it doesn't last long enough for me to see where she is. I think there is something blocking me from seeing her but I at least know she is alive. I concentrate on William and try to find him. I get fragments of images.

I can see a long road, I'm going down it fast, buildings and places fly by me almost as if they are marking where I have to go. Almost like a map. Suddenly I get a flash of a state. Nothing more. Nebraska. Of all places, why Nebraska? I think about being in Nebraska, within seconds I am there but the problem is I'm not even sure where to go from here. I close my eyes and try to concentrate on finding William but I see nothing.

I know they are here. The question is.. where? The next week I stay in Nebraska, searching. I go all over the state, coming up empty handed most of the time but I have gotten clues here and there. I can seem to see something at least when I'm near Omaha. I think maybe William and Jenise are there or some where close to it.

It doesn't matter where I go, all roads keep leading me to a dairy plant in Omaha. What I don't understand is why. I've been here, I've walked the land and still nothing. I stand out front looking around trying to figure it out. The only place I haven't gone is inside. I can't risk being seen transmitting in on camera, if any. As I stand there trying to figure out a way in, I see a school bus pull up. I hear the children all talking, yelling. Then I hear the teacher tell the kids to settle down.

"Who can tell me why we are here?" She asks.

"Oh, because we're on a school trip Miss. Brandy." One of the children say.

"Yes, we are on a trip but why here?" Miss. Brandy asks.

"To see how the farmers make milk for us." A little girl says.

"Yes, very good. To see how many farmers make things we eat every day such as milk, sour cream, cheeses, yogurts, also your favorite, ice cream!" Miss. Brandy says excitedly.

"Yay!" The children shout.

"Now when we get off the bus we are going to form a line along the outside of the bus. We are going to be on our best behavior and we are going to take a tour." Miss. Brandy says.

As the children line up and I watch, I have a crazy idea. I walk up to the teacher.

"Miss. Brandy?" I ask.

"Yes. May I ask who is asking?" Miss. Brandy says.

"Oh, I'm Miss. Daniels. The school sent me to tag along on the trip to help you keep an eye on the classes. I'm a teachers aide, I'm new. The school told me that you were short a chaperone. Of course I offered to come help out. Here I am." I say trying not to let her know of my nervousness.