Chapter 12

I think I'm in a state of shock. How can this be? Why does she look like me?

"I'm suffering a mental break. That's it. I killed him and it made me lose my shit." I say to myself, trying to convince myself this isn't real as I close my eyes.

"I'm gonna open my eyes and she will be gone." I say. I open my eyes and she is still standing there.

"Still here." She says.

"What the fuck?!" I shout. I walk out of the woods near the manor and walk down the road as she follows me as I'm trying to figure this out in my head as I do.

"Um, yeah, I'm still here. This is real." Gemini says.

"How is this possible?" I ask.

"Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much they.." Gemini says but I cut her off.

"I know that but what are you? Where did you come from? How do you know my name?" I ask.

"Um, I came from our mother, I'm your twin and I'll get to that if you just slow down. I can barely keep up with you and I have a little bit longer legs." Gemini says.

"No. I would have known I had a twin." I say in denial as I slow my pace.

"And how would you? Nathan thought our mother was dead, and done birthing apparently. He left with you. He was long gone when she woke up. Then she had me." Gemini says.

"Does that mean she's alive, now?" I ask.

"She was alive when I last saw her. William found us and took her. I hid, like she told me to, like a coward. I'm not like you. Our mother knows I'm not ever going to be strong enough to fight him but she knew I'd want vengeance eventually for you and I being separated because of him. Now that he has her, I want it more." Gemini says.

"So that is why you're here? William?" I ask.

"You aren't the same as me, like I said, I'm not like you. I'm human, you are a Goddess. You have the power to kill him by yourself, I don't, I need help. Your help. I want him dead but I can't go after him for the reasons I listed, that and I don't know if he will kill our mother if I do go after him without you." Gemini says.

"I hate to say this but William is heartless, if he has her, chances are he may have already killed her." I say.

"He won't if he needs you. He will use her to get to you. The same way he tried to use Nathan and those other two." Gemini says.

"How do you know about me? I mean, how do you know what I am?" I ask.

"I know what I know because our mother is a witch. She saw you. That is how we knew to come here. We just didn't know where to find you until she saw the name of that café. It's not a name you see everyday. How you Bean." Gemini says.

"So if she could see me then does that mean she knew?" I ask.

"That you died? Yes. She sensed it but didn't see it or know how it happened." Gemini says.

"Is she the one who brought me back?" I ask.

"Witches can't bring someone back, as for our mother she can only guide them back if she has the body. Sort of like an amplifier for you to find your way back to your body quicker and easier. It doesn't always work. We were going to get you and move you, then guide you but William caught up. He was asking where your body was but our mother wouldn't tell him. She didn't have a chance to do anything, guide you back, before William got to us, so no. Then after they were gone I bolted." Gemini says.

"I thought that resurrection was something witches or supernaturals couldn't do." I say.

"We're you not listening? They can't. Even though our mother is from a pure bloodline, she could guide your spirit, or soul back but the rest would be up to you. Just like how you guided your friend Tate back. Yes I know about that too, mom saw it. Which was a waste of time because he would have healed if his bones were set back to normal. Didn't you know that?" Gemini says.