Chapter 37

When I come out into my room to finish getting ready Damien is laying on my bed just staring at the ceiling. When he hears me walking around my room he sits up on his elbows and looks at me.

"You look beautiful. You sure you're not going on a hot date with some stranger?" Damien jokes.

"I'm not even dressed up so, yes, I'm sure." I say with a laugh.

"And Thank you." I say. Damien smiles at me.

"You're welcome." Damien says.

"What are you gonna do while I'm gone?" I ask him.

"Well, as much as I hate to have to, I'm going to go back to work. Gonna try to avoid him and hope he doesn't suspect I've been with you. Hope he doesn't know I'm even in Hell." Damien says.

"He's your father, and the devil, he knows everything pretty much, I don't know how you're gonna do that." I say.

"Unfortunately." Damien says annoyed.

"Sorry." I say.

"What are you apologizing for? It's not something you did, it's not your fault." Damien says.

"I don't know. I just.. always do, I guess." I say.

"Go to your lunch. I'll see you later, okay." Damien says then he hugs me. I hug him back then breathe in, I can smell his cologne, he always smells so good. It's a distinct scent and almost intoxicating.

"Okay." I say as I let him go.

I grab my stuff then I head for my bedroom door. I look back to say something to Damien but he's already gone. I go downstairs and get into my Jeep. I haven't talked to or seen Kaden or Dane since earlier so I hope that everything is okay with them. I know they're still processing so I don't want to bother them. I drive to How you Bean and go inside. I'm a little early so I get a coffee then I find a table and sit down.

As I wait I check my phone to see if anyone called or text. No one did but then again I told Nathan and Gemini not to text me just incase but I'm gonna go there and see them when I can sneak away just to check in and see how they're doing. I am not sure how long we are going to have to do this but I still haven't seen Harvey yet. Thankfully.

So I'm hoping it's all just a ruse William is trying to pull. Something in my gut tells me it's not though. I've had a bad feeling all day I just can't shake and I'm not sure if it's just nerves from the guys confronting Nancy or if it's something else. I'm leaning towards something else and I'm hoping I'm wrong. Just as I start to lose myself in my thoughts I hear the doors bell ring.

I look up to see Jenna. She's looking for me so I put my hand up to her when she looks in my direction. She smiles then puts up one finger telling me to hang on. She goes to the counter and orders a coffee before coming to the table. She sets her coffee down then leans in to give me a hug before she sits down.

"You smell really good." Jenna says.

"Thanks." I say.

"Well, how have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks." Jenna says.

"I've been good. Just dealing with some stuff. How about you?" I ask her.

"I've been good. I miss training with you though. You always kept me on my toes." Jenna says with a chuckle.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I don't mean to be weird. I just didn't know how to tell you.." I start to say but she cuts me off.

"That you knew my boyfriend and were involved with him?" Jenna asks. Her whole demeanor changed then she laughs as if she's joking. I chuckle.