Chapter 18: Usagi makes curry

Usagi POV

It's been a week since Chibi-usa moved in with my family. She spends half her time with me, Mamoru and the Ladies. The rest she spends at home or at school.

'She asked me to pick her up from school today, I wonder why?'

When I got to her school, she was waiting at the gates with an older lady. I assume that she's Chibi-usa's teacher.

"Chibi-usa!" I waved to her.

She spotted me and ran to hug me. Catching her, I lifted her into my arms. Twirling her around twice, I put her down. She giggled with joy.

"Usagi, the teacher wants to talk to you!"

"She does? Alright."

I held her hand as we walked back to her teacher.

"Hello,  my name is Usagi. I'm Chibi-usa's relative. Thank you for taking care of her."

She waved her hand, "It's my pleasure! Chibi-usa's a smart and kind child. She gets along with everyone."

"I'm glad. I was worried since she seems shy with others."

"She's doing amazing. Now the reason I wanted to talk to you is because, we're holding a parent-child cook off. Chibi-usa, here, told me that her parents are away. Do you know anyone who would be free to attend instead?"

'Parent-child, huh. There's no one else but Mamoru and I who can fulfill that role.'

"I can go, however is it for both parents or just one?"

"She can come with you and someone else too. Some have both parents coming, others have their older siblings or just one of their parents coming."

"I see, then I have one more person in mind."

I turned to chibi-usa. I bend down so we would be the same height.

"I'm sure Mamoru would love to come too. Do you want to invite him?"

"Do you think he'll be free?"

"Let me call him and ask."

After he answered the phone, I told him about the event.

"Of course I'll come! There is no way I'm missing a family event like this. When is it?"

"It's in two days, at 12."

"I don't have any classes then. How about you?"

"It's my lunch period, so I should be fine."

"Alright then, I'll come over tonight. That way, we can practice."

"Got it."

"Love you."

I blushed as I replied, "love you too."

I hung up the phone, "So Mamoru and I will come to the event. Is that alright?" I asked the teacher.

"Of course, we look forward to your visit!"

While walking home, we discussed what we'd make for the event.

"How about Noodles?" Asked Chibi-usa.

"Hmm, that'll take a while since we'd have to make it from scratch. How much time will we have?"

"The teacher said we have an hour and a half to make our dishes."

"Then how about curry? It's one of your favourite dishes, right?"

She nodded her head, "Can we make it with chicken?"