Chapter 16: Mercury Planet Power

Usagi POV 

Just as I left my house, I saw Mamoru waiting for me. 

"Mamoru, you didn't have to come visit me so early!" 

"Usagi, you know I'm here because I want to. I'm worried for you." 

"I'm fine, no need to worry so much."

He smiled at me, "I know, I just wanted to walk you to school." 

I happily grabbed his hand, "Then, shall we!" 

School was the same as yesterday. The girls were ignoring me, or rather avoiding me as much as possible. But I could tell that something was wrong with Ami. I could feel hesitation, guilt through our bond. 

So during the school lunch, I made my way to talk to her. That's when Naru came up to me. 

"Hey, Usagi! Are you and Mizuno-san okay?" 

"Naru, what do you mean?" 

"She hasn't told you yet? She's got an offer to study abroad in Germany. She's told Aino-san, and Kino-san already." 

My eyes opened in shock. 

"Oh, you didn't know." 

I nodded my head, 'Then, am I going to lose a friend just like this? I know she's wanted to become a doctor like her mother but, what about her duties as Lady Mercury.' 

I shook my head, if this is what she wanted then I'll leave her be. At the end of the day, it was her life and decision to make. 

Time Skip: The day Ami leaves 

It's been a week since I was told she was going to leave. I kept waiting for her to approach me, to tell me she was leaving. However, she never did. 

Luna, Artemis and Minako are with Ami. Her flight should be leaving soon, yet I'm stuck watching Mars and Jupiter fighting. They were supposed to all go see her off, but another Black Moon member attacked. 

She has a light blue, frosty coloured hair braided all the way down to her hips. It was obvious that her powers were related to ice. 

I bit my lip as I watched her freeze Mars. 

'Mars would normally be able to defeat her with her flames, but right now it's too weak. The ice is not melting and Jupiter's lightning is causing small ice crystals to form.' 

There were only two possible ways to defeat this droid. One was for Mars to regain her senses, gain a new attack and melt it away. The other was for Mercury to commit herself to her duties, regain her senses, gain a new attack and freeze it. 

Of course, I could defeat the droid myself. However, the Ladies didn't want me to fight. But that didn't keep me from watching and healing them. 

Mars fell first. Frozen to the spot, she struggled hard to get free. However she was hit by Berthier's ice attack, and knocked unconscious. 

"Mars!" 

Already transformed, I arrived onto the scene. 

"Lady Moon!" 

"Jupiter, if it's okay with you- I want to delay the battle." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I want to see, if Mercury will come or not." 

She nodded her head. Of course, I was being selfish. Possibly naive too. If Mercury doesn't come in the next hour, then I've just caused us to waste our stamina. Not to mention, we could get seriously injured before she arrives. If she arrives.