Chapter 37: Mamoru and Pluto vs Green

Pluto POV

"Pluto, I have a question for you. Back there, you prioritized your duties as a time and space guardian, will that continue to be your first priority?"

"You won't like my answer, prince."

He sighed, "Your answer makes sense, logically. Of course managing the timeline is very important but, isn't the timeline with Lady Moon the best one?"

"All timelines include Lady Moon...it's just a matter of what she does. If she changes the timeline too much, I have no idea what would happen. I would not be able to protect her."

The prince looks at me with a frustrated look, "I don't know what future you were expecting, but Lady Moon will only make the decisions she believes is the best for us. She doesn't take good care of herself, especially when it comes to using the silver imperial crystal."

I nod my head, "That is true however, her control of it and her abilities to fight and lead, are better than the future I have seen."

"Then why do you not place your trust in her? You give her such high praise and, you treat her as a younger sister."

"It is precisely because of that."

He looks at me with shock but understanding.

"I do understand where you are coming from, however, I believe you made a mistake by withholding information from us, especially Lady Moon."

Just as our conversation was getting to the important part, our surroundings change to form a garden full of carnivorous plants.

"Welcome to my garden~ My name is Tellu and,  I am here to harvest your heart crystals!"

The plants started to move towards us, attacking us with long vines, knife-like leaves, and so on.

"Pluto, the one on your right is poisonous. Don't let it touch you."

"Understood." I replied calmly as usual.

However, it was easier said than done. Being surrounded by vines, they entrapped me and the poisonous leaves flew towards me.

All of the sudden, Tuxedo Mask blocks them with his cane and roses.

"Can you get up?"

"Yes."

"I'll handle the plants. Destroy Tellu with your attack." He orders me with his prince voice.

'The prince is in a rush to meet up with the princess...more than usual.' I observed quietly.

I manage to dodge all the sharp leaves and vines, it is definitely easier with Tuxedo Mask acting as bait.

"Pluto, Dead Scream." I whisper.

My attack manages to deal more than enough damage. We just needed one more push. I started to charge another attack, when I was knocked off my feet.

I winced and shouted in pain.

'What was that?'

"Oh my? Are you alright?" Tellu asks with a worried face that covers her sarcasm. If a stranger saw her worried face, they would definitely see Tellu as the kind stranger.

Regaining my breath, I turn around to see Tellu standing on-top of a enormous tree.

"Did you really think that all I could do was control some carnivorous plants, vines and poison leaves! You're too naive! You haven't seen a tenth of my collection!" She smirked as she laughed.

"It doesn't matter, I'll still take you out." I calmly stated.

Tellu starts attacking first, when all of the sudden, her plants start withering away.

"No! What did you do?!"

Tuxedo Mask and I share a confused look.

"We didn't do anything." He answered.

Once Tellu took a closer look, she screamed "Ah! Snails! There is only one person who would do this. Arg, I am so getting rid of her!"

She started running away, so we chased after her, only to see her put an end to another witch.

"Looks like we can take care of her, then rejoin with everyone else." I say in relief.

"Let's hurry, I want to return to Lady Moon as soon as possible." Our Prince says as he holds his roses.

It was way too easy to defeat Tellu, seeing as we outnumbered her and she didn't have anymore or her plants.

Seeing as Tellu was gone, our Prince quickly traced our princess' whereabouts and ran in that direction. Worried for her as well, the ladies and I followed him.