Chapter 19 - Truth or Dare?

Start from the beginning

Ria

We used to play truth or dare in school and even in high school but that was it. I’ve never played after that. I was excited but also scared, scared because I had the slightest feeling that Karan was doing this to get something out of either Rohan or me.

“Just before we start, I’ll just get some snacks.” I offered and got up.

“Wait,” Karan stopped me, “do you have drinks? Like alcohol?”

“What do you think?” I asked sarcastically.

“Never mind.” He laughed, and I went and got some snacks.

Rohan

Since Ria didn’t have any drinks in the house, we had to play with a pump drink bottle. So far the game was going good, Ria choose to do a dare and Karan dared her to dance on Sheila Ki Jawani – I swear that was hot as hell though, then Karan chose truth and Alina asked him such a clichéd question, “How much do you love me?” Karan answered in a similar way, “I love you more than Romeo loved Juliet and Majnu loved Laila.” A little kissing session followed and I’m sure Ria felt as awkward as I did. When the kissing session started getting a bit too intense Ria turned the bottle and when it stopped, it was facing me.

“Truth or dare Mr. CEO?” she asked.

“Truth.” I answered confidently.

“Wait! I want to ask him!” Karan yelled.

“Gheez Karan no need to shout! You can ask.” Ria said.

“Ok, are you serious about Aisha?” he asked. Wait, what kind of question is this?

“What?” I choked on the snacks I was eating.

“Are you serious about Aisha?”

“I don’t know.” I answered and smiled.

“If your dad wasn’t sure about your mum, you wouldn’t be here right now.” Karan sassed back at me. “Are you serious about Aisha, Rohan?” He was really after me, but I seriously didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t know ok? I honestly don’t know. I love her and that’s all I know.”

“Ok.” And that was the end. Ria quickly spun the bottle, maybe just to avoid any other serious situations like these. The bottle stopped and pointed at Ria.

“Truth or dare?” Alina asked.

“Well I choose dare last time so truth this time.”

“Wait! I want to ask.” Karan called again and I instantly felt sorry for her.

“Ok!” she yelled back.

“What do you think of Rohan?” What? What kind of question was that? Why am I pulled into this?

“What?” Even Ria choked on her snacks.

“What’s up with you two? You don’t get any of my questions! I said, what do you think of Rohan?”

“Umm, I think that he’s one of the most fun CEO’s, a great friend and Aisha is a really lucky girl to have him as her boyfriend.” Ria complimented me.

“So you’d love to be his girlfriend?” Karan asked her. She blushed but didn’t answer and I thought it was about time this game of truth or dare came to an end.

“I think it’s time to end this game, it’s nearly dinner time and we still need to cook it.” I said and got up. Ria followed.

“Yeah, I’ll go and get the kitchen ready.” She said and left for the kitchen.

“Wait, Ria I’ll come too.” Alina followed her into the kitchen.
“What the fuck is wrong with you?” I pushed Karan as the ladies left into the kitchen. “Why are you asking such awkward questions?”

“It was a game, chill.” He sounded so casual, which made me even angrier.

“What do you mean chill?” I asked. “Why do you make me feel like a guy with two ladies? Haven’t I told you already that Ria and I are just friends?” I was yelling by now and didn’t even notice Ria standing behind me.

“Hi Ria.” Karan called and I realised that she heard everything I just said. I felt really bad; I just hope she didn’t feel bad. “Did you need anything? No need to ask us, this is your house.” Karan joked.

“Uh, I came to ask what you guys would like for dinner.” I could feel her staring at me; I didn’t dare to turn around, instead held my head down in shame.

“Anything you want, really.” Karan answered, “Alina makes good curry, so let’s go desi today and have some curry?”

“Ok.” She said softly and left.

Karan smiled at me, “Just friends? Come with me.” He pulled me towards the balcony.

“What?” I asked once we got out.

“Look, Rohan, I’ve known you since you came here, which makes it how many years?”

“Seven.” I broke in.

“Yeah, seven years. Do you really think I wouldn’t understand you by now? I can see how much you love Ria. It may sound clichéd and all Bollywood-style but your eyes brighten up every time you see her and trust me, eyes don’t lie.” Karan explained.
“What? Karan I love Aisha and you know that!” I was losing my temper once again, haven’t I told him enough that Ria were just friends?

“You think you love Aisha, but you don’t!” He was yelling at me now, and to be honest it was kind of scaring me. “When you she Aisha does anything ring in the heart?”

“Oh, please stop using this Main Tera Hero [Bollywood movie] logic!”

“Just tell me!”

“Ok, gheez! No.” I said, embarrassed.

“And what about when you see Ria?”

There was no point from hiding anything from Karan, he would get it out somehow. “Whenever I see Ria, the DDLJ tune starts playing and everything all of a sudden becomes slow motion and-”

“And I don’t need to know anymore, all this clearly shows that you love her. You just need to understand yourself.”

“Guys! Dinner’s ready!” Alina called from inside.

“Think about it Rohan. The people around you are the ones to notice the most, and it’s clear that you two – Yes, you two because love is never one sided it’s always double if it’s true and yours is true – so yeah, it’s clear that both of you love each other because, she has the same sparkle in her eyes as you do when she sees you. Today I just want you to realise that you love her, I’ll leave Aisha out for today.” With that he left for dinner, leaving me in a really confused state.

Did I really love Ria? And did she love me back? What about Aisha? Urghh! This was hard!

“Hurry up Rohan! The curry is going cold.” Ria called from inside, and I went in.

~~~~~~~

A/N:  Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry, I havent updated in ages, I've been really busy in the last couple of days of the holidays, we've had a pooja (religious thing) at home and also collecting and buying stationary for this year. So I'm sorry for not updating quicker. Also, since school is starting soon I won't be updating as much as this year is very important for me as it's my first year doing a national standard. So I'm sorry in advance if I dont update quicker. If you like my story then please, vote comment and spread the word. Love you guys heaps :* XOXO Yashriii