Chapter 25- 'I Just Went On'

______________________________________

-   ɪ ᴀ ɴ   ᴋ ɪ ɴ ɢ ꜱ ʟ ᴇ y   -
______________________________________

I woke up with a feeling of something warm against me, and the fact that I knew who she was, made my heart swell up.

Wait, what?

My heart?

Oh boy.

I turned my head in her direction and it was when her fragile and peacefully sleeping body came into my view. A smile unconsciously crept onto my face while I stared at her. Her closed eyelids, slightly frowned forehead, her lips were slightly parted as her chest risen and fallen. She was such a phenomenon.

But wait.

I can't be near her. She would not like if she wakes up near me. I can't be with her. Can I?

No. She is so pure, kind, beautiful, innocent, so fragile and me? Well, I am a damn selfish bastard who could not bear the thought of seeing her with someone else. And, who could not give her what she wants. She wants pure love, pure care, something real, something pure, but I? I will ultimately do something in the end that would end up breaking her, hurting her and killing her from the inside. I can't give her all that. I can't.

I would break her more than she already is.

And I can't let that happen to her.

"Ian?" A soft murmur from her mouth caught my attention as my eyes made their way to her direction. And there was she, staring at me with sleepy eyes, her forehead filled with frowns and I feared, that maybe, just maybe, she was about to tell me to get away from her.

Maybe she feels uncomfortable when I am near her?

Maybe she hates me?

"Good morning." My thoughts decided to pause as those words left her mouth. A frown made its way onto my face. G- Good morning? She doesn't hate me? And where is that scream just like the last time? Hello, you were supposed to yell at me! Not wish me good morning!

"Ian?" I blinked as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Are you okay? You can sleep more if you want. I have to-"

"Good morning." I nodded as she smiled at me. My breathe hitched while I looked at her smiling yet sleepy face. She was smiling.... But, I would sure as fuck had to speak something that made her smile fade away.

"Today... is your father's funeral." My mind went into that direction and there was that smile, which slowly began to fade away, and got replaced with a sad face instead.

It's 7 am and she is sad. Because of me.

I am such a dick.

"Oh." These words left her mouth and her eyes went across the room, looking any where but me. What a way to reply to 'good morning.' If she didn't hate me earlier, she sure as fuck does now.

"I am sorry." To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I am not that 'sorry' and 'it's okay' kind of person, but when this beautiful, kind and chaotically perfect creation is sitting right in front of your eyes, looking at you with such depth and pureness, even a mountain could melt.

"Don't be." She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head as if she was surprised by my words. So I am not the only one. A sigh left her lips and I could not help but stare at her as she got up from the bed and stretched her body. My eyes could not help but roam around her body and I was fucking sure, I looked like a creep at that time, but I could not fix it. I mean, look at this woman. Her long brown hair resting on her back, her small waist which was visible as the clothes she was wearing decided to have some mercy on me, those legs which were small, yes, well... perfect for a 5'1 woman, but short for me. And as I looked at her, at that time I realised, she was much more beautiful from the outside than she was from the inside. Or should I say hot?