Chapter 3- 'Offer'

Previously on In Love With The Devil,

She is perfect, huh? Let's make that wrong.

No one is perfect. No one.

"Okay. I will marry her."

Lets get over with this marriage bullshit and show my mom the truth of every woman.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Ian Kingsley
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"What do I do, James?" I paced across my office room. I did told my mother that I will marry that 'perfect' girl. But, now I am regretting that decision. What the actual hell was I thinking?

"Why don't you just marry her?" James said, not looking up from some sort of new book that he was reading.

Times. Times like this I regret being with him. Why did I even be friends with him? He is supposed to be fucking helping me, and he is reading some romance novel.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my jaw. "James, this book is not going anywhere! But me, I am going to the hell!!" I yelled at him. I am going to hell. I cannot just marry like this.

Sensing my anger, he closed the book and placed it on the near table, but not before rolling his eyes.

"Why don't you just marry her?" He repeated himself and I looked at him.

Fucking idiot best friend.

"I cannot."

"Your mom will always choose the best for you."

I know that shit. I know he had a point there. But still. I am not giving away my days of being a bachelor just like this.

"What if she is a gold digger?"

"You haven't met her." He crossed his arms.

"What if she is ugly?"

"No one is ugly, Ian. Everyone has beauty. Everything and everyone is a mira-"

"What if she is like Julia?" I asked another question, cutting him. Because if he started talking about beauty, he can go and go for days and not stop.

"Do you think your mom will ever choose someone like Julia?" He laughed at my stupidity.

"But what if-?"

"Listen Ian, you know your mom will always choose the best for you. She is not stupid, Ian. You have always listened to her, and you have to do the same this time. Just remember what the doctor said."

I sighed in frustration. I am fucked up. What do I do now? Should I talk to my mom? Well, I already did.

I think I have to do that...

"Background check." I nodded to myself while James gave a questioning look.

"James, I need you to do something for me." I crossed my arms and looked at him.