Chapter 1- 'Vanille'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The sweet smell of cakes and pastries filled my nostrils as I entered my bakery. 'Vanille' is my dream. I have dreamt of owning my own bakery as long as I could remember. 'Vanille' is one of the best bakeries in New York, and it's cakes and pastries are the best sellers.

"Good morning!" I said to Sophia, my best friend and the co-owner of 'Vanille'. I still remember our childhood days when we both would stare at my mom baking in our house. My mom was also a baker, so she always taught us how to mix up batter or bake cupcakes for our friends as we grew up. We could not help but fell in love with her bakery.

Sophia smiled before engulfing me into a hug.

"Good morning, Ames."

I gave her a smile before walking towards Denzel, our head baker and friend. He is more like a fatherly figure to me. After my father remarried, he grew... distant. I always needed a support system, and Denzel was always there for me. Unagreeing with his white hair and wrinkled skin, he has the energy of a youngster.

He beamed as I reached towars him.

"Good morning, Amy." He murmured softly as I hugged him.

"You are looking tired today." I frowned as I broke the hug to take a look at his tired face. Everyday, he used to crack a joke or do something to make us laugh. But today, he looked tired, as if he had not slept in days.

"Ah, nothing." He shrugged. "Just busy with some work."

I nodded and smiled at him one more time, but I did not buy that story. Something must definitely have had happened. In the past seven years, this was the first time he was not joking or making me laugh. What could possibly have had happened?

I started heading towards my personal cabin but stopped as I gazed out of the window. A woman, nearly in her late twenties, walked hands in hands with her boyfriend, or husband maybe. The way he was looking at her when she was not looking... was way too adorable. A smile instantly made way to my lips as I stared at them. This is what I want. Love, and care.

"I will find someone for you if you are that impatient." I turned to see a grinning Sophia coming towards me .

"No! I am not impatient." I playfully rolled my eyes at her. I am anything but impatient?! Hell no.

True love will come to you... And what is destined to be... It will be... Right?

"Are you sure you are not impatient. I mean, you were practically staring at two complete strangers like you have a connection with them." She threw her arms around my shoulder as she approached me.

"First, I am not impatient. And second, you do not need to find someone for me."

"Have you already found someone?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? No!" I raised my hands in the air and shook my head. I would have told her if anything would have happened in my life. She knows me more than myself.

"Okay... But if you meet your soulmate, you will have to tell me." She emphasized the word 'soulmate' and winked at me.