Chapter 22- 'The Cell Phone Rang'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"This... is my office." Spoke up Ian as we entered into a very huge room, and as I expected it was all black. I shook my head and glanced at him, and just like he already knew what I was about to ask, he shrugged, "I like black!"

Ignoring him, I continued walking around the area, and let me tell, I was very much impressed by the way it was decorated. There was a picture of him, James and his mom, all together, displayed at his desk, indicating how much he loves them. The glass-wall in front of me gave an incredible view of the New York city beneath, the tiny details across the room made it look more beautiful.

"Ow!" I gasped as my hand hit the corner of the table. I did not realised how fast Ian came rushing towards me and took my hands in his, "What happened?" He asked while checking for any sort of cuts.

"Shit, there is blood." I frowned at the worry of his voice and glanced down at my finger, there was a tiny cut on my skin, through which a small amount of blood poured out. "It's okay-"

"No, its not! Come with me." Ignoring my protests, he headed towards the chair and motioned me to sit on it. I sighed but did as he told. He took out his cell phone and dialled someone's number, "A first aid kit. In my office. Right now." He spoke in an commanding voice, and boy, by 'right now' he actually meant right now.

There was a soft knock on the door and then a young boy appeared behind him, a small white box clearly showcased in his hands. "You can leave." Ian's voice was heard as he took the box from the assistant's hands and he nodded before leaving the two of us alone again.

A hand grabbed mine once again and a strange feeling aroused inside me. I stared at him while he carefully wrapped a bandage around my finger. He cares a lot about his family, maybe me, too. But I just don't understand why he denies to show it. His smile, it is so beautiful, like a breath of fresh air, something must have definitely happened to him, that he forgot every good in his life, that he had to cover his actual self up, that he hfaceo show a whole new, and different side of him to the world. I hope that he soon feels comfortable enough to tell me, to show me the real him.

Once that he was done, he made sure that it was perfectly stable and it was when he moved his head in upwards direction and realised... How close we were. For the first time. Without any agression, or anger. Just a comfortable silence.

What surprised me was the fact that he did not back off this time, he held his sight, staring deep into my eyes, without any feeling of threat, or without any intention of scaring me. It was not his normal glare, the one which he gives me whenever he wants me to agree with him. It was just a normal stare, just as if he was trying to read me, to... confirm something?

Between us, there was the slightest distance, that if one of us moved even a little bit further... We could kiss. The wound was long forgotten, hell, everything did not matter at that point of time, all that mattered, all I was able to think about, was him. And us, right here, at this moment of time, between us, this. This was important. This was real. And this, was everything.

My heartbeat quickened as he stared deep into my eyes, and as if there was something attracting me towards him, and as if there was something attracting him towards me... The distance began to reduce... And just that his hand began to move towards to my face to cup my cheeks, and just when I thought that we could kiss...

The cell phone rang. The bloody cell phone rang!

I blinked and blinked, and stared at him as he closed his eyes tightly, before muttering, "Fuck."