Chapter 16- 'My Wife'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Ian Kingsley
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Are you absolutely sure you can't tell her yourself?" James sighed as I glared at him.

"Just do what you are told to."

He pressed his lips into a thin line of annoyance and glancing at me, he left to inform my wife about tonight's party.

Kingsley Enterprises just got a billion dollars deal, and I am so much happy for it. We all have worked so hard for it so far, and a little celebration of success won't hurt.

I called my personal assistant and ordered him to find the best fashion designer in New York. Being the CEO, you always have a reputation to maintain. Not that I care about this whole reputation or fashion shit, but tonight is also going to be my wife's first appearance in this whole world of business, so she will also have to dress perfectly. And for what it's worth, there is no way she would be able to find the perfect dress in such a a small amount of time.

"Your work is done." A voice was heard and I turned around to see James grinning at me. I nodded at him before asking him the thing I was thinking...

"What was she doing?" I glanced at him as he smirked down at me.

"Why do you care?" He shrugged and I glared at him.

"James, are you telling me or should I tell Steph about how do you feel---"

"She was in her room and was reading a book! Okay! No need to blackmail me." He pouted before continuing, "and her name is Sophia, not Steph."

Yes, my best friend is feeling very odd in front of Amy's best friend, Steph, or whatever we call her.

"Boss, I have brought the owner of 'Square Fashion Empire' with me." My personal assistant informed me and I turned around to see a woman in her early thirties, standing in front of me.

"Good afternoon Mr. Kingsley." I nodded at her as she spoke after sometime.

"I want you to arrange the perfect dress for my wife. Tonight, I am hosting a party and she is going to appear for the first time in front of the media. I want it to be perfect."

"Oh, it would be my pleasure to work for your wife, Mr. Kingsley. If you could please show me her picture." I motioned her to take a seat as she gave me a small smile.

"James, do you have any of Amy's pictures?" I asked him as he sat at the couch. Hearing my voice, he looked at me before shaking his head, "I do have her wedding pic, but don't you think you need to have atleast one picture of your beautiful wife."

He rolled his eyes as I huffed.

"Here we go." He murmured before handing me his phone and that was when I saw her picture.

She was wearing her wedding dress, ofcourse she was. Her smile... was just like how I remember it, refreshing and admiring. I was so busy staring at her picture, that I did not notice James as he smirked down at me.

"Come on Ian, you have Amy all for yourself. Atleast spare the picture."

Huffing, I handed the phone to the woman as she grinned.

"Wow, Mr. Kingsley, your wife is beautiful."

I nodded at her. "I know."

After some moments of silence as she stared at the phone, she glanced at me before speaking, "I have the perfect dresses for your wife, Mr. Kingsley. I just need one of your men to take me to the shop so that I could bring them to you."