Chapter 18- 'That Drink'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"You are such a gentleman, Mr. Nyugen." I slightly smiled at the man who stood in front of us.

The shameless man with the beard was no where to be seen, might have been left after Ian literally broke his face...

I know her was flirting with me, but that was very cringy. Yeah, cringy. Okay, I get that he is not that bad... I mean, he looked fine. But nothing compared to my ruthless husband.

Any ways, the party was back to normal while I and Ian have been greeting all the guests since the past hour.

Excusing ourselves to Mr. Nyugen, we both headed towards the sitting area as I took a seat.

"Don't you dare leave me." Ian told me for the thousandth time in tonight. I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded my head, trying so hard not to roll my eyes.

We both sat in silence for sometime as I wondered how exhausting these rich parties could be. For us middle class people, partying means drinks, games, fun and dance. But here, in this world of money and business, party means drama.

"I am hungry." I murmured while slightly rubbing my stomach. "Can I go to the food counter?"

Hearing my voice, Ian sighed and looked at the direction of the food court, a few women were standing there...

Looking at them, he nodded his head, as if to convincing something to himself. He turned his head back to my direction as I waited for his answer. "Be quick." He spoke and I smiled at him.

I am so much hungry. Seriously, if Ian would not have told me to greet the guests, I would have been eating right now.

"What are you waiting for? Leave." Ian's voice was heard and I averted my eyes from his face when I realised that I was staring at him.

Nodding at him, I ran my hand through the fabric of my dress as I stood up. I moved my legs in the forward direction so that soon I approached at the food court.

.

.

.

"Look who is here." A deep voice was heard after sometime and I turned around so that a man with brownish black hair and slight beard was standing in front of me as he smiled down at me.

He was the same man from earlier... My mind reminded me and I tensed.

This man was not giving good vibes. I still remember the way Ian was shocked to see him, and the fact that he told me to leave him and rather talk with the ladies only confirmed my suspicion.

I wonder what is wrong with him... What could possibly be the reason that he showed up at this party?

Wait, is he still here?

I looked over to his face which was now bandaged... Oh boy, the combination of a wound on your face along with business attire looks so much odd.

"Are you still here, Mister---" I waited for him to complete the sentence.

"Richard. Alexander Richard. May I know the name of this beautiful woman?" He extended his hand towards me and I thought whether to take his hand or not. Ian told me to behave well, but this man...

"Amy Kingsley." I hesitantly extended my hand back towards him as he took it. He brought my hand to his lips and placed a small kiss on it while I tried so hard not to cringe at the awkward feeling.