Chapter 8- 'The Wedding' {Part 2}

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Everything.

People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, You believe in lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes, Good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This is what we call destiny.

Destiny is a peculiar phenomenon. It does not matter what we want, what really happens is what it should be.

Everything that has ever happened, that is happening right now... And that will ever happen; will lead you to the truth of your very existence.

We just don't realise it, or maybe we don't care at all.

That's what happened to me too.

So far, everything was fine. Me and Ian had exchanged rings in an amazing way. The wedding was almost over and my feet were killing me. I am not much of a fan when it comes to high heels. My pace had became very slow and I was just looking for a place to sit when suddenly a hand tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ian looking at me.

"We have to cut the cake. Come on." And with that he took my hands in his and we went near the cake. I frowned at him, he was acting strange.

I haven't known him for long, but I do know that holding hands, smiling and chatting, deep talks and heart to heart conversations are not his cup of tea.

And that's all what I love. The biggest difference between us.

And soon we were standing in front of the beautiful cake. I could not help but look at it in awe. It was the most beautiful cake I might have ever seen. And being a baker, I must say... it met my expectations.

I jumped slightly as Ian's hand slipped into mine and we both cut the cake. Everyone started cheering and clapping and a I looked around to see, but... then I noticed a familiar face, who had the biggest smile on her face.

Who was she? I think I have seen her somewhere, but where?

I turned my head to Ian as he cleared his throat and then I found him holding out a small piece of cake in his hands. I gave him a confused look.

Was he going to feed me?

I stared at him as he gritted his teeth. His hand came near me face and... then he opened my mouth with his own hands and put the cake into my open mouth.

My eyes and mouth went wide at the same time. He sighed at closed my mouth, just like before.

Let me say, I was beyond embarrassed as the cheering and hooting grew wild. He just... he just feed him with his own hands?! With his own two big hands?!

Oh. My. God.

I averted my eyes and then I found the same woman walking towards us.

"Mom." Ian hugged her and confusion was openly displayed on my face.

"I am so happy honey."

And then I remembered. She was the same woman from the bakery the other day! She was the one who had that heartattack!

And yes, those two strong men were also talking about some 'Mr. Kingsley.'

Maybe that was Ian.

I smiled at her as she hugged me too.