Chapter 6- 'The Rings'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

If I say that things had a peculiar way of surprising me, it would be an understatement. First, when I heard that I was getting married, and then when I came to know that my husband was going to be the most ruthless billionaire in the country...

So when James told me that I was going to meet Ian today, I was not surprised.

Like, what is wrong with everything and everyone giving me surprises? It feels like everyone has a bucket list of throwing bombshells upon me.

Anyways, here I was sitting, in James's Mercedes, gazing out of the window, head racing with infinite possibilities. James just told me that Ian was also going to be there for the ring shopping with us, and I am very nervous.

"We are five minutes away." He said from beside me and I unconsciously nodded my head. Great.

I looked at my dress, examining it. Was it okay? What if he found it 'cheap' for someone like his standard? What if he hated it?

What if I trip over myself and embarrass myself to death? What if I say something so dumb that he might hate me before anything else? What if he thought that I am-

"He is not that bad." James chuckled and I looked over to his direction.

"Just trust me. He is ruthless and cold hearted person until he loves you."

"Very convincing." I rolled my eyes at him.

"We are here." The driver said , whose name, I came to know, was Derek.

James nodded and after sometime, the car was parked alongside another expensive looking car.

We came out of the car and headed towards the shop.

As we entered, James shouted, "Ian!"
I looked at him as he waved and I followed his line of sight, where I spotted 'The' Ian Kingsley.

He had tan skin and perfectly styled dark brown hair. His jawline was to die for and his grey eyes possessed so much depth...

"Amy?" A voice came beside me and I saw James who was now standing near him and I was still standing in the doorway.

What a way to make first expression.

I moved towards them as I gave both of them a smile. James returned it with a wide grin but Ian glared at me.

...O...kay...?

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"How is this one?" The salesgirl asked me for the hundredth time. Seriously, I am never going to take any one of these boys shopping with me.

Those rings were adorable... But for James, they were not 'that attractive' and for Ian, they all did not 'met his expectations.'

Like, I am to wear the ring, so the choice should be mine! But they both just won't understand.

"This one? Who do you think I am? A begger? Take this shit and bring a real diamond." Ian glared the poor woman.

That is what has been happening since the last few hours.

"Oh-okay Sir." And then she went away looking for something 'real.'

After some minutes of silence between the three of us, I finally spoke up.

"So... When is the wedding?" I bit my lip as I looked over to them for an answer.

James gave me a unknowing shrug and Ian remained silent...