Chapter 5- 'Shopping'

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Amy Raines
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Well, this is awkward. After I yelled at my parents... And after my whole breakdown in front of Sophia... Here I was standing, at the front door of my parents' house... unable to decide whether to enter or not.

I mean, I did yelled at them. Should I apologise? No. I am not going to apologise for standing up for myself. They broke my heart. They broke my dream. And who knows what happened suddenly? Did they... sold me?

I shook my head. They can be bad, but no one could be that bad. Could they?

I shifted my legs on the floor, something I do whenever I am nervous.

Okay... so I got it... I will just go there, talk to them about my future husband, I cringed at the thought of husband, but here we are... I will ask them about the preparations... And then I will meet the guy... And then I will marry him... That's it.

No pressure.

I reached towards the door but before I could do anything else; the door itself opened and I came face to face with a boy who was nearly my age. He had light tanned skin and his brown hair were perfectly styled. His eyes were grey and damn, he looked good.

"Are you Amy? Amy Raines?" He asked me and I nodded at him when he extended his hand towards me.

I stared at his streched out hand and after sometime, I too extended my hand and we shared a friendly handshake.

He grinned at me and I could not help but smile at him too.

Was he.. was he going to be my husband? Am I going to get married to this handsome and cheerful guy?

"I am James. Why don't you come inside?" He pointed towards his behind and then I realised that we were still standing at the doorstep.

"Oh." I gave him a sly smile before we both entered the house. He took a seat at the sofa and I entered the kitchen to drink some water.

"Would you like something?" I asked him after I stepped into the living room, and there I spotted my dad and stepmom sitting near him.

"Oh honey, you are home!" My stepmom smiled at me before walking in my direction and engulfing me into a hug.

I was shocked at first, but what happened after that made me more surprised.

Dad... too came and smiled at me. "How was the day, Amy?" Seriously? How was the day? Since when he cared about my day?

I frowned at the sudden change in their behaviour... and then my eyes found James, who was looking at us with adoration and appreciation in his eyes.

And then it made sense.

I raised both of my eyebrows and looked over to my parents, who were looking at me, expecting me to play along.

Oh, you better not expect something from me. I wanted to roll my eyes at them. But since, James was here, I fought the urge to do that. I forced a smile and walked towards him.

"Oh, he is James. He is Ian's friend." My dad said to me and I frowned at him. Who is Ian?

"Who is Ian?" I looked over to him as James spoke beside me.

"You haven't told her?" He asked my dad.

"I was going to tell her today. But as you are here now, you can tell her yourself." He nodded and turned his attention back to me.