"there's no holding back now"

chapter fourteen: there's no holding back now

(i fuckin made this gif and i feel accomplished)

SATURDAY MORNING. I hummed in pleasure as I slowly woke up in response to the sensation of kisses being placed against the skin of my exposed shoulder. Luke tucked my hair behind my ear and moved it to the side—his lips connected with my skin and I smiled to myself.

"Good morning, babes," Luke whispered, moving his lips up to my ear before placing a kiss just behind it.

"G'morning," I responded as I started to roll onto my back. I kept the comforter under my arms as I repositioned myself, and Luke towered over me slightly as I laid down on my back, propping himself up on his elbow. He placed his hand on my cheek and smiled as he looked down at me.

"I missed waking up to you," he told me, stroking his thumb against my skin. "Nothing beats waking up next to Joseline Culley, and knowing she's all yours."

"You think there'll ever be a time that I look at you and feel anything but adoration as butterflies swarm my stomach?" I asked Luke, which caused his face to break out into a grin.

"I hope not." Luke leaned down and placed his lips on my own, which filled me with a flood of emotion and stimulation. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back, but the kiss was short in duration. "You've gotten more freckles since I saw you last—did you take some vacation I didn't know about?" Luke joked, causing me to chuckle.

"A lot of them are the result of the episode we filmed outside—the one rating pool floats," I told Luke through a snort as I thought back to the ridiculous video that I had filmed with Emma for the segment. "That was the longest shoot we've done thus far—I was practically begging for the sun to sprinkle some freckles across my face."

"The sun did a stellar job—they're beautiful," Luke said, peering down at my freckle-covered nose. I had plenty of freckles year-round, but they thrived during the summertime. I would've never guessed Luke noticed something like that, but mostly because I couldn't think of a time he had commented on them before. But I liked knowing that he liked them. "There's not a single thing about you that is anything but beautiful, Josie."

"Geez—you're full of lovey compliments this morning, huh?" I teased, trying to hide my clear fawning over his words. I loved Luke talking this way to me.

"And you're slacking," he pouted, causing me to laugh loudly. My head dipped back ever so slightly, and Luke took it as a cue to place his lips on my neck.

"You know I love you, don't you?" I asked, keeping my head slightly back as his lips stayed connected to my skin. "You're everything to me—plus, I think you're prettier than I am." Luke breathily laughed against my skin, causing me to let out a giggle in response to the tickle. He pulled away and I looked at him, my eyes locking with his. "Waking up like this, in bed with you—this makes sense. Waking up to an empty space beside me every morning that we're apart makes me realize how special you are to me."