"a little taste"

chapter fifty-seven: a little taste

a very short chapter!!!!enjoy!!! <3

enjoy!!! <3

THURSDAY AFTERNOON. "How can I help you, Miss Culley?" My eyes playfully rolled as Calum answered my phone call. I was currently sitting passenger seat beside Emma as we drove to San Diego to surprise the boys. It had been a painfully long, boring week due to our excitement about the day that had finally came. Knowing I would be in Luke's arms within the hour filled me with an unmatched joy.

"I wanted to let you know that we're about half an hour away from the hotel," I informed Calum. He had told me that he would give me full instructions of what exactly it was that I needed to do when I got to the hotel, so it was now his time to shine.

"The front desk knows to look for you," Calum told me with his voice now lowered; I was sure that the other boys were nearby, so his change in volume was not a surprise. "Just let them know who you are, and they'll take care of you guys. Once you're done dropping your things off, there's a car that will come pick you up and take you to us. Since we're already at the venue."

"They still suspect nothing?" Emma asked, speaking a little louder than she normally would to make sure Calum could hear her. I had put him on speakerphone.

"They are clueless," Calum promised. He sounded proud of that fact. I was proud of him, too, to be honest. "We'll be starting soundcheck in just over two hours, so hopefully we'll have a perfect amount of time for you guys to come surprise them. Surely you guys won't mind being backstage for soundcheck?"

"Of course not," I spoke for the both of us. "We owe you one, Calum."

"I know you do," he teased.

"Seriously, though. Thank you so much," I continued to push how grateful I was for his help.

"Of course," he told me; he sounded smiley. "I really appreciate that you trusted me with this job, Jo. It meant a lot that you picked me over Mike... and it's been a lot of fun. I was more than happy to help you guys out. Ash and Luke are going to be stoked... I'm so excited for you guys to get here." I smiled at Calum's words and looked at Emma; she glanced at me with an identical smile on her face.

"We love and appreciate you, Cal," Emma said. "We'll see you very soon. And, while I know we will be mainly focused on our boys, we will be tackling you in hugs just the same. We have you to thank for this working out."

"I will gladly accept hugs." We said a few more words before Calum told us he needed to get off before one of the guys came and found him. We ended the call and I was all smiles.

"I cannot believe we're about to see them. Thank god," Emma nearly squealed as she spoke and despite laughing at her excitement, I was right there with her. I continued to help Emma navigate the city for the last half hour of our trip; both of us let out sighs of relief as we finally pulled into the hotel's parking lot.