34: Perfect Alibi

❝The sun watches what she does 

The sun watches what she does 

but the moon knows all her secrets.

❞

Sangwoo couldn't read her. It's not like anyone can tell what Ari is thinking. But Sangwoo doesn't like how he couldn't read her at all. He decided to ask the Police Officers to come inside the house, in case things start going south, then he cannot afford to let them leave here alive.

There are two of them and Sangwoo doubt if Ari would help if things don't go well. But the two seem way younger and more easy to deal with. He can take them both if he can catch them off guard.

"Wait here, I'll go get something to drink," Sangwoo said as he led them to the living room.

"No, it's fine. We won't take long," one of them said and Sangwoo thought he is the more cautious between the two yet it doesn't seem like he can fight much, there's not enough muscle under that coat.

"But you've come a long way from Busan, giving you two something warm to drink would be the least thing I can do officers," Sangwoo insisted, putting on his mask as he smiled.

The other guy pat his buddy on the shoulder as he looked at Sangwoo.

"Thank you," he said as he bowed slightly and Sangwoo left.

"You can sit," Ari said after a while when she noticed they are standing there, probably to keep their guard up.

By sitting, the two took their guard down even slightly as Ari turned to them.

"Officers, what were you saying earlier again? About my foster parents?"

Sangwoo could barely hear them in the kitchen as he prepared some tea. He slowly slipped a knife inside his sleeve before bringing the tray to the living room.