7: Blood

❝We are not what we show

We are not what we show. 

We are what we hide.

❞

Ari doesn't like being a girl sometimes.

Sometimes being a girl is tough. So tough that some men still doesn't put enough respect on them.

But what does Ari knows, really?

All she knew is that when she woke up that morning, her head was throbbing and her body felt heavy. Not to mention the cramps she felt in her belly.

"How unpleasant," she said as she stood in the shower, water running cold.

Ari let the water fall on her head as she looked down. The water that came down the drain is drenched with blood as it flows down her thighs.

"I hate this," she muttered as she gripped her stomach.

Being a girl sure is tough, you get monthly periods, you bleed for days. Ari often thought that it would be nice if she bleeds like this to death. But that would be impossible.

With one last sigh, Ari turned off the shower. After getting dressed, she walked down the stairs; smell of pancakes instantly invaded her sense of smell.

Sangwoo had a good night's sleep, thanks to Ari's lullaby last night. He was in a good mood this morning, so good that he could practically make heart-shaped pancakes.

"Good morning, Ari," Sangwoo said as he placed the plates on the table.

He just ignored Ari's usual silence— she's always like that anyways— and continued eating.

Until Ari asked Sangwoo a very out of character request.

"Can you go to the pharmacy for me?" she asked before taking a bite of her pancake.

Sangwoo frowned. It was the first time she asked for something like that in weeks.

"Why?"

Ari looked down, a tint of red almost visible on her pale cheeks. Sangwoo learned that no matter how emotionless this girl is, she still has some sense of bashfulness in her, a small amount that is. But enough to make her a little less like a dead doll.

"Why?" Sangwoo repeated when Ari stayed silent for a good ten seconds.

"I'm bleeding," she said.

Sangwoo's eyes widen as he bolted in his seat and dashed over to Ari's side, taking her wrists.

"Did you cut yourself again?" He asked as he searched her body for any open wounds.

But he found none.

Ari, on the other hand, just looked at Sangwoo weirdly as she tilted her head.

"I don't see blood," he said.

"It's because I'm b-bleeding d-down.." her stuttering sounded cute that Sangwoo failed to process what Ari just said for a few moments.

Until he blinked and repeat what she said in his head.

Sangwoo looked at Ari. "You mean you're on your monthly period?" he asked for confirmation and Ari nodded.

She turned to the table and finished her pancakes and Sangwoo left upstairs to get in his hoodie.

He walked to the nearest pharmacy and was inside the establishment when he realized he really doesn't know what kind of tampons to buy.

"Well fuck it," he muttered as he went to the aisle of women's hygienic products.

There were two girls checking some feminine products when Sangwoo walked in beside them. They looked up and saw Sangwoo.

"That guy's a hottie," one of them whispered as they squealed.

Well damn, these girls don't hide anything. Sangwoo rolled his eyes and picked whatever's on the shelf and walked away quickly.

He was on the way to the counter when he passed the shelf that displays some medicines.

He took a bottle of pills and checked its label.

"She'll need this soon I guess," he muttered as he took the two bottles of birth control pills and finished his trip to the pharmacy with a plastic bag of tampon, condoms, birth control pills and a pack of cigars. Ignoring the middle aged woman in the counter who looked at him disappointingly and shook her head with a remark.

He walked back to his house and saw Ari sitting on the stairs.

"Here's whatever you girls use on your period." He handed the tampon to Ari who took it right away.

"And come down quickly, I have to tell you something," Sangwoo said as Ari walked up the stairs.