19: Vanilla Ice Cream

❝He tasted of earth and water, fire and ice, salvation and destruction all together in a tender kiss,

He tasted of earth and water, fire and ice, salvation and destruction all together in a tender kiss,

That held me captive throughout a stolen moment in time.

❞

It has become colder, Ari thought as she walked outside the street. It has always been deserted and quiet and tranquil as the soft autumn breeze pass by and the dead leaves on the sidewalk would get blown. Under Ari's boots, the dried leaves crunched and Ari loved the sound it made.

"I guess I'll finish my collections soon," Ari muttered as she took a photo of a dead moth, its wings slowly withering and soon it would get blown by the wind as well.

She stood up and walk and after a while she stopped as she saw the post near the house with the red gate. "Sangwoo told me not to go any farther."

Ari shrugged her shoulders and turned around, satisfied with the photos she had collected from her little trek outside, Ari was heading back to the house. And Sangwoo will be back soon, she thought as she made her way back to where she came. Passing by the same sidewalk she took photo of a moth a while ago but the moth was already gone, probably got blown by the wind.

Ari really doesn't care, it could burn for all she cared at least she already got a photo of it. She continued to walk until she got near the house, where a sudden warmth in contrast with the coldness outside welcomed her.

Proceeding to the stairs, she sat there and looked at the photos she took earlier before she heard the clicked of the lock outside followed by the sound of the door being opened and closed.

"Ari! I'm home!" Sangwoo's voice was loud compared to the small and quiet hallway as Ari looked up before she stood.

"You're back early." She noticed him carrying his backpack on one of his shoulders and in his other hand he carried a plastic bag and Ari looked at it curiously.