27: Scissors

❝They were the screams of riders torn apart 

They were the screams of riders torn apart 

by the twisted reflections of their own inner selves.

❞

The look of emptiness in her eyes with a sliver of hope passing through them in a brief amount of time as he squeezed her neck and she can hardly breathe. Sangwoo saw how she seem to let him do so, not bothering to push him and scratched at him like most of his victims did. That's when he was convinced, as if he isn't already, that after all, Ari really do want it to end.

But that whimper, that goddamn sound that escaped her lips. She may hide it but her body won't lie. She was having a hard time breathing and Sangwoo let go of her neck almost instantly. He was riled up, so riled up when she said that. Die the most painful death? What does she know?

Sangwoo may have felt a bit bad for what he did, and so the whole night he lie there with Ari, his arms around her as he hugged her from behind, pressing his body close to her so he could feel the light intake of breath.

Ari doesn't like it, but his hold was strong that she couldn't squeeze her way out of his grip.

"Sangwoo," Ari called, wide awake as she tried to squeeze again to turn around but she couldn't. "How long are you planning to stay like this?"

The sun is already up and Ari knew it's almost mid morning. Nine, ten maybe. But Sangwoo just scooted closer and buried his face on the crook of her neck.

"Ari," he mumbled. "Don't ever say that again, alright."

"Say what, Sangwoo?"

"That I'd die the most painful death," he said, his voice silent and muffled and Ari doesn't like it. "I don't want to hear it coming from you."