21: Take Me To Church

Disclaimer: Song of the Chapter «Take Me To Church» by Hozier. Nightcore ver. on the media above.

❝I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies.

I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.

❞

Ari has never made such an odd request, among all other things or places she asked Sangwoo to take her to, it had to be a Church. Sangwoo has nothing against Christianity, it's not like he's religious either. In fact he has no qualms in anything religiously related so when he saw that priest being interviewed on the news, he could care less about it.

Until Ari said the priest was the one responsible for her bleak childhood trauma. But does Sangwoo care about that too? Sangwoo decided to leave it at that.

"Ari, you're already dressed," Sangwoo said as he walked down the flight of stairs.

"Are we not leaving yet?" She asked, playing with the hem of her skirt.

"Excited, are we?" It's not like they're going out on a date or something, they're going to a church and Sangwoo was indifferent to the idea of going to such a place.

Although he never paid much attention to it, he does remember a small church near the park where he would always pass every time he went to the University.

It was a few minute drive and as they enter the place, Sangwoo instantly realized the difference between any other places he'd been at. For one, it's quiet and peaceful. There aren't much people either and most of them are wearing veils like they were ancient ghosts sitting by the chairs in front of the altar. 

Sangwoo scowled as he sat there longer, Sunday is the only time he's free the whole day and he's spending the first few hours of it in a place like this. When a priest started his sermon or homily or whatever it's called, Sangwoo begun to zone out. It's not like a few words of a man would stop him from doing what he's doing.