15: Dead Animals

❝And in her smile he saw something that is more beautiful than the stars,

And in her smile he saw something that is more beautiful than the stars,

And in her wrist and back he saw something that is more than just the scars.

❞

When Ari got the camera as a present, she doesn't know what to feel. She has forgotten what it feels like to be thankful of something so instead of saying thank you to Sangwoo, she asked him the first thing that came to her mind when she saw the camera.

"Can I go outside?" She asked.

There's no denying the surprise look Sangwoo had plastered on his face before he masked it with his façade. "Sure. Let me just get your coat Ari."

Sangwoo said it's cold outside but Ari doesn't feel cold at all. It wasn't even snowing. Apart from the gradual blow of the wind, autumn isn't that bone chilling cold, at least not to Ari. She's endured worst, once the heater in her apartment broke and she had to sleep in the bathtub in the middle of winter. She was so numb she thought she's already dead. But when she felt the warm blood flowing down her wrist, she knew she was very well alive.

"What are you gonna take pictures of outside Ari?" Sangwoo asked as they walk through the neighborhood. It has always been deserted and silent, although the are several vehicles parked outside, the place is almost like a ghost town and occasionally only some people walk by.

The only sound they could hear is the scrunching of leaves under their feet, they say when it's cold, it's typically also quiet. It's related to the drop in temperature and the colder it is the quieter it becomes.

"Animals," Ari answered with a shrug as she looked around.

"Animals?" Sangwoo muttered, looking at Ari.

Sangwoo think that no matter how odd Ari is, or how crazy she was, there is still a side of her that can be considered normal. Just like as she said, she wanted to go outside because she wanted to take pictures of animals and Sangwoo thought it was cute.