31: Sinners

❝Darkest hours

Darkest hours. 

But it's those hours that make us what we are.

❞

It was cold outside, and even though the snow has yet to fall the winter breeze it carried along with it was freezing. The room, in contrast with the temperature outside, is actually decent and warm.

Or maybe it was just their bodies drawing closer together and their racing heartbeats are what kept them warm as the hours tick by towards midnight. Every time Sangwoo would touch her skin, soft and pale and cold, he would feel Ari shiver. And despite the cold, Ari would suddenly feel like her skin would burn under his touch. It was a nice feeling and yet it was so nice Ari was still crying.

Just as Sangwoo had gotten rid of her clothes, he felt rather irritated as he held himself up, arms supporting him as he looked down on Ari.

"If you don't like it, just say so," he said, jaw clenching and unclenching in annoyance as he gripped the mattress.

Ari didn't say anything, not that she wanted to, instead she pulled him closer again and crashed her lips to his. Sangwoo was still annoyed.

"What's wrong with you, Ari?" He asked, looking at her as she sniffed and wipe the side of her eyes and cheeks.

"You don't want to do it?" She asked, her voice small as she looked at Sangwoo before her eyes trailed down. "So you want to do it?"

Sangwoo fought the urge to roll his eyes as he leaned down.

"Just stop crying for fuck's sake Ari. It would make me feel less bad."

Ari's tears had dried off as she frowned. "Why?"

"Because if you're crying, it would make me feel like I'm taking advantage of you."