26: Midnight Hour

❝And even if you deny your fears, 

And even if you deny your fears, 

your eyes can't lie my dear.

❞

When they got back to the house, Ari was back to being silent again. Sangwoo noticed that she hasn't uttered a single word once they got inside and he doesn't even know if she's mad or not. By the time they are done with dinner Sangwoo gave in.

"Ari, join me for a bath," he said, striking a conversation as Ari looked up at him, blinking her eyes before she stood up.

"You wash the plates, I'll ready the tub," he said again and Ari just nodded.

It didn't take a while until Ari heard him called and she finished drying the plates before walking up to the bathroom where she saw Sangwoo leaning on the tub with his eyes closed and when he felt Ari was standing there he opened them as he sat up slightly.

"Come here Ari." He outstretched his hand and Ari shrugged off the clothes she is wearing before she joined him in the tub.

The water was cold, she thought. It might have been lukewarm but it had gone down colder now and she unconsciously scooted closer to Sangwoo for some warmth. He has a nice broad physique after all and Ari involuntarily sigh in contentment.

"Ari?" He called after a while and Ari turned to him slightly.

"Are you mad because I prompted you to agree to what your foster mom asked earlier?" He asked and his voice was oddly soft that Ari couldn't help but tilt her head in confusion. He seem like a lost puppy but Ari doesn't like puppies anyway.

"Please don't be mad for what happened in the diner. I'll talk to them and tell them we will not be going anymore. Are you still mad Ari?"