18: Attachment

❝Tell me the story of how the moon loved the sun so much

Tell me the story of how the moon loved the sun so much

He died every night just to let her breathe.

❞

Sangwoo was mad. Not the crazy mad that will be committed to an asylum. But he was really, really angry. And he didn't bother hiding his anger as he pounded the man's head on the ground for the fourth time. The sound of flesh was sickening and Ari was sleepy.

"Sangwoo, I think he's dead." Ari stiffled a yawn as she fought the urge to close her eyes. She's afraid if she close her heavy eyelids it wouldn't open for the next few hours or so.

"No sweetheart, he's very much alive," Sangwoo said, pouring water on the man's face as he almost drown before he gasped for a breathe.

"Hey dirty old man, what were you gonna do with Ari again?"

"N-Nothing," the man muttered, the virtigo whenever he opened his eyes would make him vomit but he would only vomit blood.

"Nothing eh? While your fly's down you aren't gonna do anything to her?"

Sangwoo clenched his jaw as he gripped the man on the hair before he slammed his head on the concrete floor. He climbed atop him, on his back before he looked up at Ari.

"Ari why don't you..." Sangwoo trailed off when he saw Ari's head was inclined. "..kill this man."

"Ari, are you sleeping?"

When Sangwoo didn't get a response and Ari's body fell on the ground, he realized she had fallen asleep. By now the sun must have risen up and he couldn't blame Ari for falling asleep. She wasn't use to this kind of thing after all.

After tying the man again, which Sangwoo wasn't sure if he's still alive or not, he walked towards Ari and carried her up the stairs and towards his room where he laid her on the futon.