Chapter 17

Jungkook's POV

I don't know what had overtaken me when I agreed to drop her home. I mean not that I didn't want to, it's just that now that I was alone with her, I felt very nervous.

We reached the basement and she followed me to the car. She was also not saying anything and walking quietly beside me. Suddenly, a horn sounded at a distance and she instinctively looked in that direction. I noticed a parked car in front of her in which she was about to collide, given that she wasn't looking at the front.

Grabbing her arm, I pulled her to my side.

"Wha-" she stopped in the middle, stumbling due to the sudden pull. I put an arm on her waist to balance her.

"Look at the front while walking. You would have bumped into car just now." I said firmly.

"Yes, sorry. And thanks." she said, standing properly now and scooting away from me a bit.

"That's our car." I said as I noticed the black Hyundai of our manager.

She walked forward a bit and opened the door of driver's side.

"You wanna drive?" I asked, making her look up at me.

"Hell, no. I don't know driving." she denied.

"Then why are you this side?" I asked, confused. Now she looked at the view in front of her and then looked back at me, smiling sheepishly.

"You know, I am still not used to the rules here. In India, we follow LHD, so the driver's seat is on the right." she said as she moved to the other side.

"Ah...yes, yes. I remember that." I said.

After we were on the road, I tried to strike a conversation.

"I didn't think that you would still keep the bracelet." I stated.

"Why you thought so?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because, you know, sometimes what is precious to you is not even important to others." I replied.

"What's important to Bangtan, is precious for ARMYs." she said softly, looking at me. I stared back at her and couldn't help but smile widely seeing the sincerity on her face.

"Should I play music?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure."

I just resumed the song which was playing. The car suddenly echoed with "Take it off now girl just take it off, I'm a master baby with your bra".

We looked at each other in shock and she chuckled nervously. I immediately clicked on next button.

Why do I and her always find ourselves in such awkward situations together? That time at the zoo also...

"I don't know what Namjoon hyung was thinking when he wrote this song." I muttered.

"You sure don't want to know that." she replied, making me laugh.

After she told me the address, I dropped her at her home.

"Thank you, Jungkook-ssi." she thanked me.