Chapter 57

"A part of me wants an answer, but a part of me didn't want to know. A part of me wants to keep holding on, but a part of me wants to let you go."

-Unknown

__________________________________

Taraa's POV

I wiped my palms for the umpteenth time on my dress as I sat in front of the mirror, getting my make up done by Jinhee. I didn't realise that I was staring blankly until Jinhee shook my shoulders.

"What? What is it?" I asked, startled.

Beside Jinhee, there stood Yoongi with a concerned look on his face. Without any word from either of us, Jinhee left the room on her own, mumbling something about how she suddenly felt hungry.

Yoongi went around to stand behind me and kept both his hands on my shoulders. I stared at him in the mirror, and he did the same.

I felt that strange calm overtaking me again, like it always did when I am with Yoongi. Maybe it was the shine in his eyes that remained intact even after what all he had faced in the past, ensuring me that things do work out in the end, maybe it had something to do with how less but meaningful he spoke, or maybe it was just his aura and demeanour that tend to take away my anxieties.

"If you don't want to do this, you can still back out. You do know that, right?" he asked. I gave a gentle nod.

"But I do want to. Its important for Jimin oppa. It's just...I am really nervous." I replied, fiddling with my fingers.

"Okay, listen closely. What is the worst that could happen in all this? That girl will break up with Jimin, right? And that's something which is bound to happen, seeing their situation. Jimin might not, but you, I, Jinhee and rest all know that by doing this, we are just giving him a solid reason to break up, or else he will feel guilty for the rest of his life." Yoongi said out loud everything that he was thinking.

I sighed deeply and nodded.

"Thank you, oppa. I will do my best." I said, smiling at him in the mirror.

He returned it and patting my head lightly, left the room.

Jinhee returned soon after, and without saying anything, got back on her work of my makeup.

"Hey, its too dark!" I complained, referring to the lipstick which she was applying on me.

"Shut up! Remember, its not the usual you." she replied.

I felt her applying things on my face, as I had my eyes shut.

"Done! Open your eyes now." Jinhee commanded and I followed.

Upon opening my eyes, I saw a completely different person staring back at me. She had green eyes unlike my brown ones, the feature that stood out the most, and bouncy hair, as compared to my straight. Her eye makeup was such that one look could kill, yet give a new life.

"This is me?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, darling! That is you." Jinhee answered, clapping her hands. She was looking fondly at me, or more like her talent. "You see? Even you can't recognise yourself, how that idiot will?" she said, referring to Minji.

There was a knock on the door and Jinhee went to get it. She stuck her head out and a deep voice indicated that it was Taehyung.

"Can I come in?" he asked to which Jinhee replied a big 'No' before closing the door.