Chapter 83

"I think some people are just inexplicably bonded.
Drawn by forces beyond their own comprehension, they have no choice but to gravitate toward one another.
Destined by fate to keep crossing paths until they finally get it right."

-L.B.Simmons

_______________________________________

Jinhee's POV

As I was standing outside Jimin's apartment door, I wondered the reason I was there after office. Usually, on the days when I have office, its Jimin who comes to pick me up. We eat outside, spend some time together, and then he drops me home before going back.

That's why I was curious as to why he had asked me to meet him at his home. I didn't dwell much on it and had agreed.

I rang the doorbell and the door opened later than usual.

"Hey, darling!" Jimin greeted, as he opened the door.

"Hey!" I replied upon entering. He took my bag and pecked my lips before closing the door behind us.

I took my seat on the couch and so did he.

"What's up with you today?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Its not usual for us to meet here." I stated.

"Yeah. I just...wanted to show you something." he replied. "But firstly, tell me. How was your day?" he asked, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

He was always like this. Could never keep his hands to himself.

And I was living for it.

"Just like any other day. Greet people, work, have lunch, work again, greet again before leaving." I replied. He nodded. "Enough about me! What did you want to show me? I cannot wait!" I urged.

"Yeah. Wait a minute." he said, before getting up and disappearing into one of the rooms.

He came back a few seconds later, holding a dog in his arms. As he neared, my doubt was confirmed.

"Shishimaru?" I gasped.

Jimin put it down and the dog gave a bark before running towards me. I took hold of it just in time and upon proper inspection, I found that it was indeed Shishimaru.

"What...how did...?" I was at a loss of words.

I had told Jimin about Shishimaru, but after failing myself hundreds of times, I never actually expected him to find the little animal, who was not-so-little now.

Shishimaru.

A cute little puppy who used to live in the park near my office. During the break, I and Taraa would leave the office to go play with him for sometime. It had become like our child. I tried adopting him, but he was happier to live in the park only.

Even though he played with me more, one strange thing about him was that he was usually hiding in someplace and only when Taraa whistled, did he come out. Never once did that animal appear at my whistling. Its as if he could tell the difference.