Chapter 30

Look at me,
he said
your scars are not your shame
they are your story,
he smiled,
and I love stories.

-Atticus
__________________________________

Taraa's POV

I was feeling lazy to dress up and to go to attend the function.

But I bought the dress already. Wouldn't it be a waste of money? And I do want to go to the event.

So I got up and went to take a bath. I changed myself into something casual and went in the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"Don't you have to go? Why aren't you ready?" Hoseok asked, looking at me as I opened a packet of biscuits.

"There's too much time left. First let me eat this." I said, biting the biscuit and offering it to him. "You all will first go to the company, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, we get ready there only." Hoseok replied.

After satiating my hunger, I went to my room to get ready. I looked at the mirror and decided to put on earrings. I tried to wear the earrings, but since it had been a long time since I wore them last, so it was hurting badly.

"FUCK!" I shouted in annoyance.

"What happened? You alright?" Jimin asked, standing at the door. He saw me trying to put on the earrings and came towards me.

"Oh, I get it. Come with me, Jin- hyung can handle this." he said. I followed him into the living room. "Jin-hyung! Taraa needs your help." Jimin called Jin.

"What happened?" Jin asked, coming out of his room.

"Hyung, her ear piercing is closed." Jimin explained.

"Oh! Go and bring the needle. I am an expert at this." he flexed. He then came and sat on the couch. "Put your head here." he directed, putting a cushion on his lap. I did the same. By now, Jimin had brought the equipment and was standing beside us.

Jin slowly put the needle on my skin and applied pressure.

"AAHH!!" I screamed in pain.

"It will hurt." Jin said. Soon enough, because of my shouting all the members have gathered around me and Jin.

"Allow some light to come, you dumbasses." Jin scolded them. They stepped aside for a moment, but then gathered again after sometime.

Finally, after enduring a lot more pain, I was able to wear the earrings.

"Don't take them out for sometime, otherwise you will have to go under this process again." Jimin advised and I nodded.

"Thanks, oppa." I said to Jin and he gave me a thumbs up.

I then went inside my room again and started applying makeup, which was just light and formal.

"C'mon, my dress. Let's wear you." I mumbled, taking out the black gown from the almirah.

I put my legs in first and then slided it upwards, putting the arms inside. Then a thought struck me like a bolt of lightning.