Chapter 8

Jungkook's POV

Memories.

The first word that comes to one's mind when you look at photographs.

And the same thought came over me as we came across different photographs while walking around the house.

A beautiful photo of Taraa's mother as a bride.

A cool photo of her father in a jersey with a group which looked like his college Football team.

A photo of her brother as a child holding her few months old self tightly so she wouldn't fall from his lap.

I smiled upon seeing the photos that must have held so many precious memories. Looking at these, I wanted so badly to go back to my family back in Korea.

"Oh!! What's all this?" V exclaimed as we entered a room, causing me to turn my head where he was pointing at.

There was a huge bookcase with probably hundreds of books in it. But one shelf specifically caught our attention. It had 8 rows of small glass bottles filled with colourful liquids. Other than that, there was also a golden ball labelled 'The Golden Snitch', a stick labelled 'Wand', something called 'The Philosopher's Stone', and some other things.

We walked towards the shelf eyeing it with curiosity.

"Potions." she replied to V's question.

"As of Harry Potter? Are you a fan?" RM asked, to which she nodded.

"Do they work?" Jimin asked excitedly.

Of course not. Stupid hyung.

"Yes, of course." she said. "There are a total of 143 potions for different purposes."

Wait, what? For real?

"Then will my memory increase if I drink this one?" Yoongi hyung said, opening a bottle of green liquid labelled "Memory Potion" and bringing it towards his mouth.

"WAIT, NO!!" she squeaked, as she grabbed his arm hurriedly. She immediately let go, taking the bottle from him and capping it. I noticed her blushing a little when Yoongi hyung smirked at her.

There were also paintings stuck on the wall which completely awed us. Although I don't want to admit it, but she sure painted better than me. After roaming around for a bit longer, we came back to sit in the living area.

"Why does your house have so many books?" Jin hyung asked.

"Father is a professor. So most of these are his only." she replied.

"Of?"

"History." she said shortly.

Time passed by, as we talked about regular things like how she was studying technology in a university located in another city and was here for the vacations, how her brother who was Jimin's age was a doctor in Canada and is going back the following week, what were some of her favourite BTS's songs and what places are a must-visit here.

We found ourselves getting more and more comfortable around the family.

Jin was in the kitchen helping Taraa and her mother despite their protests, Suga was sitting with his eyes shut and head resting against the back of the couch while Hobi continued to annoy him, RM had found an interesting book and was completely lost in reading it while Jimin and V were with Ryan playing video games.