Chapter Thirty

Percy's POV-

It was now Sunday. Calypso's birthday had been a few days ago, and it was a lot of fun, despite the fact that Annabeth wasn't there.

We were getting everything ready for Katie's fake death, so that we can get Annabeth back. Everyone was in the secret garden for a picnic for lunch.

"Hey Perce, glad your here," Leo greeted. "I have a question."

Piper rolled her eyes playfully before motioning for him to proceed.

"Could this be misinterpreted for us kidnapping Annie?"

"Uhh..." Piper began.

"No, because she's coming and staying willingly," Jason said.

"Are you sure?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, aren't there like laws until she's 18?" Leo questioned. "Because if there is... we have a small problem."

"There shouldn't be a problem, unless Athena takes us all to court," Reyna stated. "If that happens, I think we should be fine though, because either Triton or Poseidon will be judging and I'm not fully sure about Poseidon but Triton's on our side."

"And if there is a problem we could just have Annabeth fake her death," Connor suggested.

"How would that help?" I asked.

"Because as long as she dies like from choking or something that couldn't be suggested that we killed her then no more legal problem and Athena goes back to wherever she is," Nico clarified.

"That seems kind of harsh though. I mean, I know Athena would most likely be heartbroken because even if she seems cold and aloof, she's still a mother," Katie mentioned.

This continued on for awhile, everyone going back and forth trying to come up with a foolproof plan. I didn't say much because I didn't know a whole lot about laws or anything.

About 20 minutes into the conversation, I was able to slip out. I knew that it was risky, but I sent Annabeth a text.

Percy: hey

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, not expecting a reply for awhile. I decided to go out to the stables. I always enjoyed the horses company.

I had to stop by the kitchen to get sugarcubes, and a few donuts for one of the horses, which I've kind of claimed. His name was Blackjack and he had the shiniest black coat. For awhile he wasn't really anyone's horse, just a rescue, but one evening when I had been wandering around outside, I found him and claimed him. He likes donuts.

"Hey buddy, how're you? I brought donuts," I greeted him.

I sat down in the hay next to him as my phone buzzed.

Annabeth: hey seaweed brain

Annabeth: hows katies funeral planning going lol

Percy: it's ok

Percy: everyone was worried ur mom would take us 2 court bc of kidnapping

Percy: i didnt rly understand tho lol

Annabeth: nah she wont and if she does i'll destroy her >:)

Percy: lol calm down

Percy: how's...hamilton?

Annabeth: eh its alright. kinda lonley but ya know

Annabeth: wbu, hows home?

Percy: confusing lol

I just texted Annabeth for awhile, till I decided I had been gone long enough.

Turns out, I was gone long enough for people to worry, seeing as I was late to dinner.

"Hey man, you alright?" Jason asked as I sat down.

"Yeah, fine," I replied.

Piper saw right through me though, and said, "It's okay to feel overwhelmed. This probably isn't the best thing to be involved in for your first like real human experience."

I laughed, agreeing and changing the subject. I continued laughing my way through dinner.

<<<>>>

"Hey Demeter!"

It was Monday afternoon, and we were calling Annabeth about Katie's 'death'. All the adults were totally on board, Demeter was the one calling Annabeth. Demeter put Annabeth on speaker phone, but we all agreed that we had to act like we weren't there because Piper had coordinated with Annabeth so that Demeter would call when was Athena was around, guessing Athena would want to monitor the call as soon as she heard who was calling.

"Hello dear," Demeter sniffled, laying it on thick.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Annabeth asked in a worried voice.

Gosh, I couldn't wait to hear her voice in person again.

"No dear, I'm not really okay. I um, I'm calling because-- oh, I can't do it!" Demeter wailed.

Calypso stepped up, taking the phone from her adoptive mother saying, "It's okay Mom, I've got it."

"Calypso? What's going on? Your scaring me a little bit..."

"Uh, yeah sorry. Um, well we just wanted to call you and let you know that... well um, Katie-- she uh, she had an accident when she was feeding the horses. One of them was spooked by something and kicked her clear in the head. Her skull-- her skull shattered. She um-- she died, instantly. I uh-" Calypso took a fake shuddering breath. "Hazel, you finish up, I can't."

Hazel took the phone, and made sure to make her voice break a few times. "We're having a funeral on Thursday. We were just hoping you could come."

"Oh my gosh, that's horrible. I'll talk to my mom and call... probably not Demeter... who's planning the funeral?"

"My dad, Hades. Do you have his number?"

"Yeah, I think so. Gosh. Give my love to Calypso and Demeter, hopefully I can come. Are you holding up okay, Haze?"

"Yeah, yeah. We're all okay I think, just a little shook. I think it'll hit most of us later, right now we're kind of just in shock. Listen, I've gotta go, looking forward to maybe seeing you soon."

"Yeah, you too. Take care, all. Bye."

The dial tone rang, and everyone began cheering.

"That was perfect!" Piper squealed.

A/N-

happy birthday Skuppy123 ! this chapter is just for u! you were one of my first friends on wattpad and also my best one. i hope you enjoy this chapter and have a wonderful day!

on another note sorry this chapter is on the crappy side... it's finals week and i'm doing it all at home in between travelling..... but i pRoMiSeD to have this out just for my bff so here we are.

i really gotta start thinking of an ending tho... should i:

a. keep it going for awhile so there can b percabeth

b. end it kinda like pjo ended, w annabeth and percy getting together then ending it

you guys vote, bc i don't even know what i'm doing for the next chapter lol. also something to keep in mind for both options is that whichever way i go there's no guarantee for a sequel, both could set up a nice sequel...

so ya. this is gonna b the last update till 2021, so be safe and have a wonderful december, merry xmas, happy hanukkah, happy kwanzaa, happy new years or whatever the heck you celebrate!

i love you all my peepsles, see you next year <3

Published: Saturday, December 12, 2020