Chapter Twenty-Five

Percy's POV-

Buzz buzz...Buzz buzz... Bu--

"Hello?" I say groggily into my phone, annoyed with whoever is calling me at... whatever time it is.

"Hey. It's me," I hear Annabeth say from the other side of the line.

"What do you need, I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule like you asked me too. Some Wise Girl," I retort, blowing a raspberry through the phone.

"Stop being a child, and come open the door. Right now."

Cue the groan from me.

"Now, Percy. I'm serious."

"Fine, I'm coming."

*Click*

What could Annabeth need at... 12:30 at night?

I sneak down the stairs towards the door. Why? I'm not sure, those no reason for me to be sneaking around, I mean everyone knows I exist now. Whatever, force of habit I guess.

I get to the door and open it, to see Annabeth standing there with a tear-stained face.

"Woah, what's wrong?" I ask, pulling her into a hug.

"My mom's making me leave," she responded, hugging me back.

What? Leaving? Where?

"Here, let's go sit on the couch, okay?" I suggest, moving up the stairs.

"Okay, but I can't stay long, I'll get in trouble," she says quietly, following me.

Once we get upstairs to my living room, I turn the lights on and sit next to her, thinking about my words. For once.

"So... you're leaving? Like on a trip?" I ask.

"No," Annabeth sniffles. This is still weird to me, the fact that Annabeth, Annabeth, is crying. "I'm moving. Tonight. And I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I already told Piper. You still can't say anything to anyone."

"Moving?"

"Yeah."

"Where? Why?"

"I'm not sure, some city on the mainland. And I guess my mom hasn't liked your dad for awhile, and you were just the breaking point. Especially our relationship."

"That's ridiculous!" I say, standing up. "You're not going anywhere... We've got to come up with a plan, quickly too."

"I don't know what we could do! Mom took my phone so I wouldn't have anyone's number! I just went to Piper's to 'return her sweater' and get everyone's number written down."

"Wait, how did you call me then?"

"I, uh, took Piper's phone, temporarily. She knows though."

"Ok. Hmm we've gotta think..."

There's gotta be a way out of this. Annabeth said she doesn't know what to do, and she's really smart. If she couldn't come up with a plan, then it's unlikely that I will... but I've gotta try.

"How much time do we have before you have to go back?" I ask.

Annabeth looks at Piper's phone and says, "Umm like 2 minutes ago... I still have to give Piper her phone back. Crap, Mom's gonna kill me!"

"No, no. I'll give her phone back. You go, and just text me as soon as you can, okay?"

"What?" Annabeth says. She sounds so heartbroken. I knew it was cause she wanted me to come up with a way to get her to be able to stay. But I couldn't think of anything.

"Look Annabeth, it'll be okay. I'll talk to Jason, and Piper since I'm sure she can help and the rest of the group and we'll bring you back, okay? I just can't think of anything right now. I need a little bit more time, which we don't have. I also need more details. Does Piper know stuff?"

"Yeah, I told her a lot."

"Ok, so I'll talk to her, and then you can text me, okay? It'll be alright."

Annabeth takes a deep breath. "Ok. I should probably go." She leans in to hug me, then says with a laugh, "Sorry for messing up your already ruined sleep schedule."

"It's ok," I say with a laugh, breathing in Annabeth's lemony scent.

"Talk to you soon," she says, pulling away, and leaving.

I stand there for a minute before going downstairs as well. But instead of going out the back doors, I go towards the nobles apartment, up to Piper's room.

I softly knock on the door and pray that Piper is the one to answer it. Luckily, she is.

"Here's your phone," I say, handing it to her. "We need to talk."

"Yeah, we do. Come on in, but be quiet. My mom is asleep and she always says how much she needs her 'beauty sleep' or whatever," Piper whispers, opening the door more, enough for me to walk in.

Let the planning begin.

A/N-

Hey there peepsles! So remember when I said that I was going to not add more stressors to my life? Well screw that.

I just started writing on my computer and it is sooo much faster cause I can type a lot better. So, in between writing this chapter and the last one, I wrote the prologue to a new story, called The Chance of a Lifetime. It's a selection fanfic, so any selection fans should go read it. If you've never even heard of the Selection, it's fine cause I'm gonna be explaining everything so you should go read it as well. I'm gonna work on that for a bit cause I want to, but I have lots of ideas for both books, and school got canceled Monday and Tuesday, so expect lots of updates from these two books. I may even update Wait, Another? along with it ;)

Be sure to go check both of my other books out!

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna ❤️

Published: Saturday, October 17, 2020