Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N- my absense is explained in the author's note at the end

Annabeth's POV-

Today was a good day... except for the morning, that was pretty awkward and embarrassing. Especially my mom going bonkers. I don't even know why she was acting like that, but it was weird. She tried to make me go on a walk with her, but I didn't want too, so Piper and I talked in my room for awhile.

Then there was a group picnic. Like, the whole group, which is honestly pretty rare. You could kind of see some 'couples' sitting next to each other, and it was super cute. Overall though, it was a pretty chill picnic, we basically just talked and hung out. There was some pranking, and other games played as well.

We also got yelled at a couple times so we moved into the secret garden for awhile. Most of the group stayed outside all day, so I could avoid my mom.

Once it got later, Percy and I went for a walk, and we ended up talking about our feelings and it was super cute and cheesy, especially because Percy was nervous and I could tell. And I obviously made it harder by saying things like, "Wait, what was that?" or "Who are you talking about there Seaweed Brain?"

It was really cute to see him getting so flustered. And it meant I had to talk about my feelings less so that was good. In the end though, we like each other, which was kind of obvious to me... We also got a good kiss in that conversation as well... And we're going to sneak out for a date sometime soon, out in the city. First though, Percy's gotta learn how to function in public, and have a decent sleep schedule.

But before all that, I have to face my mom.

* * *

"Where have you been?" Mother asks as soon as I walked into our apartment door.

"Hanging out with my friends," I said harshly. "What the heck did you think you were doing earlier?"

"Don't you dare speak to me that way young lady," she says, standing up. "We're leaving. I already had the maids pack stuff up for you."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Go check your room to see if you want to bring anything else. We're moving to the mainland. Don't just stand there, go!"

"What? No! I'm not moving to the mainland, I'm staying!"

"No, you're not. I don't want you associating with the likes of Prince Percy," Mom said, saying the prince in a very mocking voice.

"Why not?" I questioned. I don't see why it's a problem if I'm friends with Percy... and maybe more. I mean, he's a prince. Sure, he wasn't necessarily raised as one, but he's still a prince by blood.

"Just because Poseidon is my king, doesn't mean I like him. He's always been so full kelp in his head. Triton seems to have gotten his mother's brains though, as well as her looks. No doubt Percy got his father's kelp brains along with his looks. No. We're leaving."

"Mom! You could be hanged for saying those things!"

"Well it doesn't matter, cause we're leaving. I won't say it again Annabeth. Go make sure we got everything you wanted from your room and let's go. I will call the guards to take you out to the car."

I sighed. I knew there was no getting out of this one. I'd just have to find a way back to Atlantis. Not just for Percy or my friends, but because it's my home. I grew up here, I'm not planning on leaving permanently any time soon.

I'd also have to make sure to keep in touch with everyone. Good thing they all have my phone numb--

"Annabeth," my thoughts were interrupted by Mom walking into my room. "Give me your phone, we're destroying it. You will have no connection once we leave Atlantis. I'll get you a new phone later."

Well screw that idea.

Wait! I have Thalia's number memorized, she can just give me everyone else's!

If that doesn't work then I'll most likely get to pick my new number, since I got to pick my last one. I'll just leave a note... but not in my room. Mom will find it. Hmmm...

"Hey Mom?" I called.

"Yes?" she replied, sticking her head through the door.

"This is Piper's shirt, can I go return it to her?"

"I guess. But don't go anywhere else. And don't tell her we're leaving."

"OK. I'll just meet you out at the car I guess."

Trust me Mom, I'm going to be doing a lot more than just going to Piper's. And I'm definitely telling her we're leaving.

A/N-

My peepsles! I missed you! I am sooooooo sorry for the major wait. For those who don't care about reading the author's note, shame on you, but I basically just had a lot of personal stuff going on.

For my favorites, who actually read my super long notes...

When I say I had some personal stuff going on, I mean like it was all inside my head. Not just like inside my family or friend group or anything, but my head. I mean, my family and friends were technically the root of the problem... but whatever.

There's been a lot of shifts in my friend group since the year started out. Individual friendship dynamics have changed between everyone as well as the group dynamic changed. Some people started acting different, some people started sitting next to and talking to other ppl, etc.

I got a lot closer to the guys in our friend while all the other girls (besides one, who's currently my bff rn) got rly girly, if ya know what I mean. They play this game called 'H or N' and basically they rate the guys that walk past us. FYI they made the game up. H=hot, N=not. It's pretty annoying. All they talk abt is boys.

Then with my family. My dad recently got hired by UPS so he's been training all week, coming home on weekends and stuff. Usually when he comes home, he's pretty tired and stressed out. My mom is also usually stressed and tired from a week of driving me and my siblings around all day. Plus my siblings are just naturally jerks, brats, etc.

So add all that together, plus the usual stress of being a freshman, a gymnast and a naturally anxious person, I'm very stressed and angry inside. So I couldn't really focus on writing, and I'm really sorry to all of you who look for that little notification saying I updated.

But I'm back! I will not be having an updating schedule, because it stresses me out. On the other hand, I will update when I want to. If I haven't updated again after a week, I might've forgotten and you guys can remind me. If you send me messages telling me to update before a week has passed or rude messages, I will wait longer to update.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I don't need extra stressors in my life.

I love you all, and I can't wait to be updating more regularly! It's currently only 10:37pm on a Saturday night, so I'll probably keep writing. Once I started again, the ideas started flowing! I might even update again tonight ;) if not, then probably tmrw.

Also if there are any mistakes, I'm kinda switching back and forth between my phone and computer, and I also rarely proof read anything, so just lemme know if I messed up somewhere.

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna ❤️

Published: Saturday, October 17, 2020